RSS Feed Print
New
Racheltennis25
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:48 PM

Hi,

I am new to all of this. I am mostly looking for whatever you may be able to offer in advice or experience. I am the daughter of my mom who has Alzheimer’s she is currently 60 and was diagnosed at 57. I am 25. I am currently in this spot of nothing is happening treatment wise and would like some thoughts. Thank you. 

alz+
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 5:20 PM

welcome -

you are looking for help in caring for your Mom and helping her live as comfortably as possible, and you asked people with dementia for their ideas. I assume you have looked at caregiver sites and boards and read up on the illness.

Your Mom is young and may have many good years ahead. You might tell us more about your specific situation and what specific things are troubling you.

If she lives alone and is still able to manage groceries and bill paying or if she is needing live in assistance is important to know.

I just found your post and am not quite up to responding with anything that would make sense but I am sure others will respond and help you steer your course. That you care enough to ask is a wonderful sign things may go pretty smoothly.

What kind of support do you have for yourself? 

once diagnosed there isn't much to be done medically. There are a couple medications that work a little for some and not good for others. Everything else is easy environment, keeping safely occupied or allowed to rest, depending on symptoms other things can be managed.

Please share a little more and thank you for considering our opinions valuable.

love and courage