RSS Feed Print
Get rid of those guns
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:02 PM

The other day I came across an article that really scared me. It was contained in some literature that was given to me by the Alzheimer’s Association. It referred to patients that had Alzheimer’s and who owned or had guns in their house. It spoke about how these patients did not recognize their family member, and shot them thinking they were an intruder. While I have a carry permit, it is due to expire soon. I was going to renew it, but now I will give it up. After seeing this article, I have decided to sell all the guns in my house. It is not worth the risk and I’m not sure I will be able to make that decision if I get much worse
Ttom
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:33 AM

Me and my entire family (yes ladies included) have always been avid hunters. We had a large collection of firearms in our house. Recently my wife sent all of those firearms home with one of our sons.
Cheryle Gardiner
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2011 10:43 AM

We haven't gotten rid of Jim's guns yet - a friend is going to sell them for us - but we did remove all of the ammunition from the house. Now that he's in a Memory Care Home it doesn't really matter anymore.
DebNY
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:05 PM

I agree, take the guns from the house...some would rather take care of business and not have to go thru this painful disease