RSS Feed Print
Its too quiet
Andy61
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:24 PM

Since we all heard the news about Jim, Musings seems like a ghost town now.

When I reflect back over 2 years as a member, under 3 different names, and probably over 300 posts just with Jim, I do feel a sadness. There were times when Jim would really make me mad, and I would avoid reading his posts for awhile, but I would eventually come back around, even after quitting the forum. I have to be honest, I did not understand half of his posts, but still read them, and the those I did understand, they made me think. Some of my thoughts were not good, others were, but always thinking. I think we both had a mutual respect for each other, so it was not a love/hate relationship, but more of a love/dont bother me now relationship.

I like to believe in his final moments of life, he had a chance to reflect, found the answers to many of his questions, and made a choice for the good.

MrToad
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:13 PM

I had the same ambivalent view of Jim's writing, but it was always obvious that he was a kind and thoughtful person who will be sorely missed. I guess he was kinda like Air, an essential element, one that you don't always appreciate, when it blows in your face, but one that you don't want to be without.

My guess is that he is already busily crafting Musings for the Cherubim and Seraphim to ponder.

ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:37 PM

It made me a little angry to learn how he died. At first I assumed it was natural, but no....what a stubborn old man!  People told him not to go up on the roof and he still did...that made me upset.  Something that could have been prevented. If he had a choice, is this the way he would choose to go out?  Don't think so. 

I don't know....you just never know....what can happen.  

Sometimes I think he'll pop out again and post, "tricked ya!"  

w/e
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:56 AM

It is too quiet, indeed. The overwhelming deafening silence of death.

I believe each one of us, in our own way, is in mourning. And, collectively, we are grieving the end of our chats with wise old Jim. Jim has taken his final exit from the Alzconnected agora. He has departed from us to be, for all eternity, in the presence of his Creator.

Ruth, my dear... Jim adored his freedom to choose. And he was proud of his resolve to have the courage to be. As he often posted, he was a rebel. I believe he wanted to be accepted as such. I understand your feelings of being upset. You love him so... Just send him good vibes... He broke his "coconut head". So what, eh?... Until the moment of his last breath on earth, he chose to be free. Free to do and to be... Sometimes, he ran. At other times, he walked. There were times when he crawled and slithered... On his final moment, he sat on a "rocking chair". Detached from material life. He went inside to the warmth of his nest-cave to meet his Creator. In complete serenity. Contemplation. Meditation. Prayer. Full of grace... Isn't that a nice way to embark on a new journey to meet the gods?

ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:33 PM

w/e, your post made me giggle and get tearful at the same time.  Ahhhh Jim.