RSS Feed Print
Sorry in advance to those who are determined to take offense...
LeeH
Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:39 PM

I have been a member of this board for only a short time, so I do not have any experience with the old board. What I do know is that there are so many helpful, hopeful, caring people on this board. People who are not afraid to reach out to others sharing the same journey, either as a care giver or as an AD patient. I am so thankful for all the helpful, insightful comments I read when others post questions. What an invaluable resource this board is!!!

And yet, there are some that see any cranky post as a personal attack, and that those making such posts should be drawn and quartered, salt poured on their wounds, gasoline poured on them, immolated, the ashed buried, the ground salted, and a sign posted that states "Don't You DARE Have a Bad Day". Perhaps even that would not suffice for some. Perhaps the best way to "hit the ignore button" is to simply ignore those you don't like and let it go.

I am sure I will get heavy fire for this post. That's okay, seems like that is pretty much the way on this board, and for that reason I very seldom post. Besides, I can always delete the topic if it gets too rowdy. This site is too valuable for me to not at least read the helpful posts. But enough is enough, and I hope others are tired enough of it that they, too, will quit enabling this behavior. It is of much more interest to read how others are dealing with AD in their own lives, rather than the eternal lamenting of those that cannot "turn the other cheek".

Just my $0.02 worth, and as far as I know I am still allowed to have an opinion. BTW, I am unafraid to delete a topic of MINE, or MY posts, when I feel they are detrimental to this board. If that is offensive to some, well, I guess anyone can find something offensive about anything. So, I am sorry in advance if I injure anyone's tender feelings. Shame on me and all that, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!

Homer_E_S
Posted: Monday, March 5, 2012 10:23 PM

Well, Lee I think you are astute in your observations . And using the tools made available on the forum,  is just common sense.
Anne G
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:00 PM

Hi, Lee,

I had to laugh at your response to the messages!  Some days, I just feel like I am swinging between that push to "be positive" and the reality of a "bad day" for me. 

I have to remember to "take what I like and leave the rest" - in terms of what might help me today. 

Thanks to everyone for sharing your lives and your hearts!

Be Strong 2
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 6:35 PM

Lee,

OK, now I can pull my fingers off the keyboard and not type some of the things that I feel.

I was on the old board for a year and a half, spent a lot of that time learning my way around.  Now I'm learning my way around this board.  It is improving, and just like the disease, it is what it is.

Some of the patrons here really wanted the chat room, but complained that they couldn't manipulate the new board.  To tell the truth, I can use the board but I sure can't keep up with these same people in the chat room.  I've tried, I give up.  So all in all, it's a learning curve, easier for some, more difficult for others.

Many of the suggestions and requests have been implemented.  I'm sure the board features will continue to improve.  The content, however, is up to us.

Thanks for your input.

Bob  

LeeH
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:29 PM

Whew! Sure am glad to see that I'm not being "flamed" YET! Homer, I think we inadvertently got put in the same boat, and ended up pariahs for it. Oh well...I gots broad shoulders! Hope your dear wife is comfortable, I know you miss her as she was. Anne, welcome to the board! Hope your honey is hanging in there with you. Bob, I appreciated your comments to the same effect. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Hope your wife is doing well, too. 

I have tried other AD boards, and they don't hold a candle to this one as far as support and active members. Most of their posts are days, even weeks old. I am so glad this board is active, caring, and sharing. 

Bless you all for all your hard work and love for your personal loved ones. I know I wouldn't trade my time with my Mom for anything. 

Pasnurse
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:15 PM

Thee is a wonderful support group   In the site.     Caring.comTry it.   If this is not the right address I will find the right one.  Pauline
Be Strong 2
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:19 PM

LeeH wrote:

Whew! Sure am glad to see that I'm not being "flamed" YET! Homer, I think we inadvertently got put in the same boat, and ended up pariahs for it. Oh well...I gots broad shoulders! Hope your dear wife is comfortable, I know you miss her as she was. Anne, welcome to the board! Hope your honey is hanging in there with you. Bob, I appreciated your comments to the same effect. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Hope your wife is doing well, too. 

I have tried other AD boards, and they don't hold a candle to this one as far as support and active members. Most of their posts are days, even weeks old. I am so glad this board is active, caring, and sharing. 

Bless you all for all your hard work and love for your personal loved ones. I know I wouldn't trade my time with my Mom for anything. 

Lee,

You're probably not getting flamed because you picked the "Musings" board, not too many come here.  I just saw your original post because Homer and I are connected and I saw he replied to it.  I usually check my connections' posts/replies first.

Bob