RSS Feed Print
No Sleep Tonight
ChrisBme
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 9:54 PM

My DW has another UTI and is so confused, disoriented, agitated, shaking, and unable to understand anything at all tonight. I can tell there won"t be any sleep for me again tonight and all I can hope for is that I don't fall apart in the next 24 hours or so. I am so tired...
lvcatlvr
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:12 PM

I am so sorry. It seems like it never really ends. Each day is a struggle and a battle just to stay sane. Please try to take care of yourself when you can. Do you have anything to give her to help her sleep?  My DH takes two tradmadols (I'm not sure I spelled that correctly) It keeps him asleep for at least five hours, so I do get some sleep. It is an older antidepressant that is now prescribed for insomnia. It doesn't seem to affect them adversely like other drugs.
Mrs. O
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:18 AM

Hey lvcatlvr,  I thought that Tramodol was a pain medication. That’s how it’s prescribed for my father, and Vets prescribe it for pain for pets as well. The only thing that keeps my DH asleep through the night is Seroquel.  

ChrisBme,  so sorry-  I spent months with little to no sleep at night when my DH was delusional and active all night long.  You have to train yourself to sleep whenever your DW crashes and sleeps.  It was really hard for me, because I NEVER napped during the day.  Now I sleep as much as I can whenever DH sleeps.  The waking hours wear me out!  

I wish you peaceful, restful sleep.   

LizzieC
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:21 AM

Oh no Chris.  I would guess that a large number of the caregivers on this forum can empathize with you on this subject.  I sure can.  If we could only get a good night's sleep, we could handle what we are up against during the day.  You are probably dealing with your wife's UTI today on very little sleep or none at all.  Let us know how your wife is...once you get her UTI under control, hopefully you can get some sleep.

lvcatlvr
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:05 AM

I was wrong--it is called Trazodone.It does help him sleep.
Ed1937
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 5:45 AM

Chris, I'm sorry you are still dealing with this. Did they run a culture? That could make a big difference in treatment.
ChrisBme
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:42 PM

Ivcatlvr.. She's on Trazodone and Saroquel and they have helped a lot but not with this UTI.

LizzieC.. Yes, very little sleep before having to deal with yesterday but I finally got some rest last night as it appears that the antibiotics are kicking in.

Ed1937.. No,  the hospice doctor didn't run a culture. He prescribed a different antibiotic (stronger) though. She's doing so much better today. I will see at the end of this treatment if she still has signs of the UTI and if so will ask about a culture.

Thank you all for the support at a time I really needed it! You all helped me keep my spirits up during a very stressful time!