RSS Feed Print
"With God All Things Are Possible"
VKB
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:04 PM

Please share your own true stories on how God is working in your life.

As for me, if God wasn't my Cheerleader while I took care of both my parents for nine years until they both passed, I doubt I would have been able to continue.  If He didn't provide me with my dear husband and an assistant, if He didn't remind me to think positive thoughts and stop whining, and if He didn't keep telling me I was learning to be more like His Son Jesus and learning the true meaning of the word "love,"  I might have given up.  I certainly was not a giving person when I started the journey, and I needed a lot of growing, but now looking back, I praise God for His help, wisdom, and love.

God's Peace to all, Veronica

"Jesus looked straight at them and answered, '. . . everything is possible for God.'"  Mark 10:27

CarllyJean
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 5:25 PM

My mother, who just recently passed away, told me many times as a young adult that when her own mother was dying of cancer her mother would tell her, "It's OK.  I have been mercifully dealt with".  My own mother had open heart surgery at 80.  She suffered many serious complications and it was after this that we noticed what seemed like minor memory issues prior to her operation, were increasingly more pronounced.  She told me, It's OK.  I have been mercifully dealt with".  My brother and I have been co-caregivers for our sweet mother for over 10 years.  There have been some dark days when I did not think I could take any more.  God was merciful.  I stand today and say,  "Its OK.  I (We) have been mercifully dealt with".  Our God is good.  He does not give us more than we can handle.  C.
dutiful deb
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:05 AM

I'm reminded again and again, by events both large and small, to be thankful all the time. Even when life is throwing a curve ball at me, I can find some way to be thankful and look for the blessings. I find daily prayer very helpful, personally. I believe this site is a blessing from God.
Waiting for a cure
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2012 7:46 PM

My mom recently passed away on 1/30.  I was terrified when my mom started really struggling with dementia just a few years ago, because her mom had just passed away (AD) and we'd all been through the ringer, so to speak, with terrible drama and heartache. 

When I told my good friend about my mom's diagnosis, she said "God would not give you anything he knows you can't handle"  and something about gaining spiritual growth through the journey.  I wanted to scream "God can keep that trophy, I don't #$#! want it!"

But I've realized how God was with my mom and me through this difficult journey.  With God's help, I've been able to be strong and do what my mom needed me to do. And my young sons have been able to learn sooo much about compassion, unconditional love, and service.

marlygirl
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:55 PM

I am caring for my Mother, age 77, she recently moved in with us and I defintly go to God often in prayer asking for patience and wisdom. I have felt the peace the passes understanding  come to me as an answer. I know that we don;t know how the days ahead will unfold, But one thing I do know is that I am depending on Gods grace to help me be the caregiver for my Mother.
RedNailz
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:25 PM

I know that God won't give us a miraculous cure for my mom's Alz disease, but I see His blessings in so many ways.  Here are just a few examples:
--In 2010, my dad was able to get my mother to go through the Alz tests in order to get a diagnosis.  This was huge!  She was very resistant to the idea of discussing her memory loss with even her own doctor, so it was an answer to prayer that she got tested and could get started on medication.
--She forgot how to start the car!  I have thanked God for this many times.  Early on, she couldn't remember what to do with the key.  We don't worry about her driving off and getting lost or in an accident.
--My husband is very supportive of whatever I need to do to help my parents, even when it meant leaving my job so I could spend more time with them.
I have many more examples, but I would say the big one is that God is changing ME so I can care for and honor my parents.  I know it will get worse, yet I also know that God will give me strength for whatever I will face.
"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."  1Peter 5:6-7

quits
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 9:18 AM

Wow! I decided to hit LAST and see what was in the older musings. I am glad I did.  Very appropriate to find Thanksgiving week.

I have seen God work in my life from the time I was a child.  There are so many times He has supplied our needs and given us blessings that were only from God.  I have struggled with frustration and sometimes anger watching my husband (the man I married) disappear KNOWING God could heal him in an instant yet also seeing God protect him/us financially, physically.  We have been dealing with this for over 10 years now. Symptoms 14 years.

This has been a hard year for us but God has been faithful.

I prayed for God to give me a sign-I know HE IS REAL but I just wanted a "HUG".  I started finding hearts in the strangest places.  I have shared them in my Photo Inspirations, and other threads.  Some days there are so many that I laugh and some times I go days without seeing any and that is okay.  I am truly blessed and although I don't know what our/my future holds, I know Who holds my future....and HE is already there.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 11:00 AM

I suspect all things are possible. With life. With imagination. With love. Maybe these are gifts from the creator. --Jim