RSS Feed Print
As alive as alive can be.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 10:45 PM

I turn to quantum physics. Which I don't understand. Therefore, I fabricate. By devising my own imaginative interpretation. About so-called parallel universes. I'm living two lives. Simultaneously. Side by side, more or less. Could be that I was killed. This summer. In an automobile accident. But some how, I survived. In my parallel life. Yes. I was given a choice. An option. Live or die. And here I am. As alive as alive can be. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 11:55 AM

Could be that I/we evolve into different levels of consciousness/understanding. We are required to grasp it all. At each level.  We are at the relatively low, three dimensional  human level now. As for me, I suspect a four-dimensional spiritual level comes next. Followed by a fifth dimension. And a sixth, seventh and eighth. An infinite number of dimensions. I'm given as much time as needed to graduate from each dimension. Which means, perhaps living over and over and over in the same dimension. Until I get it right. Yes, it's a funny notion. That I may be required to see the humor in it all. Otherwise, I'll be stuck. In the same dimension. Forever. --Jim
w/e
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:27 PM

hmm... I do not know about different dimensions. And how to get it all right.

I do know my train is running fast. And, holy sh--,  it always arrives on-time. So I better have my purse. My carry-on bag. And my ticket. Ready to go.

Take a last drink from the Cup of Life.

And take a dance.

Before the... "all aboard!"

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 3:48 PM

I wish we were all required to grasp it . Instead we all have choices continually.   It took me quite a while to understand what, I do. Spiritually there is so much going on. I feel like now,  I am able to separate my every day life,  enough to live above it. Caring for someone requires putting you own needs  last ,   this is not an easy task." Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." This was first said by someone who thought of others first perfectly.  I can separate myself from the circumstances because of the vast spiritual realm that is so supportive to one who honors another.
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 9:50 PM

To be a really good care-giver, Sharon, one must also take good care of one's self. The best care-givers take time off. For respite.  Yes, they pace themselves. They take care of themselves. So that they are in condition, mentally and physically and emotionally,  to provide good and decent and loving care to others. Too many care-givers are emotionally and physically bereft. In no condition to provide adequate care. Instead, they exude bad vibes. Rather than good vibes. Some may do more harm than good. Not only to their patients, but to themselves. --Jim
sharon11daugherty
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:11 PM

I learned that lesson when I tried to take care of children and my grand mother who was 94. In a year I wore myself to a frazzle. My grandmother had Alz after she was 89. Prior to that she was driving , cooking, and my best buddy. I soon had her placed in a nursing home around the corner from my house. Then I could be  a granddaughter again. She could only sleep a couple hours at night. That was not enough for me! 

With LO I am sleeping late, getting out every day and having so much time to do what I enjoy at home. Since I have always worked this is a vacation ever day. Having LO be so content is something I have not experienced in years. I am sorry it took this illness to do it.

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:36 AM

I feel so very contented. When waking in the morning. And knowing that I can stay in bed. For another hour or two.  To enjoy feeling at peace. Pure tranquility. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:19 AM

It would be nice. If life were always tranquil. But sooner or later. I have bouts of anxiety. Often for no apparent or obvious reason. Other than something I may be hiding. In my subconscious. Most likely. Some fear. That I don’t want to address. --Jim