RSS Feed Print
A quest for significance and glamour.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 11:11 PM

I wonder. How many truly memorable days have I lived?  Probably not very many. Most days are made to be forgotten. Forever. Routine days. Spent going through the motions of living. Discarded days. Nothing worth remembering. I wonder. If that makes me unusual. Or is this the pattern with most people? Living relatively humdrum lives. Though in recent years, I've learned to savor. Even the small stuff. By noticing what I may have overlooked before. A sunset. A chirping bird. A stranger that I might have otherwise ignored.  A fresh scent.  Every day. Every night. I write. Reflections. Musings. My random thoughts. Looking. Looking always. For significance and glamour. In ordinary life. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2015 3:44 AM

What can be more glamorous? Than to become full-blown spirit. Even coveting such is a glamorous and lovely thought. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:44 AM

When I stop to think about it. Life ain’t ordinary. It’s downright fantastic. Can’t conceive of anything better. Than being alive. And conscious. And the biggest bonus of all. Being in love.  Can’t ask for much more than that. Yes, I realize that bad things happen.  All over the world. But that won’t prevent me. From savoring the good and precious moment. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 11:30 AM

I’m in the mood. For a cloudy day. For protection from the sun. And lo and behold. That’s what I have.  A made to order day. Come to think of it. I have a made to order life. Because I am able to adjust.  And salvage some happiness. From virtually every day. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:03 AM

Can you tell?  I am well. Mentally and spiritually. Even when the world isn't well. I don't let it get me down. Because I have significance and glamour in my life. Yes, I am in love. Can't remember a day when I wasn't in love. It must have been long, long ago. Ancient history. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 10:05 AM

In college. I came away with two glamorous majors. In English. And History. I steered clear of math and science. Too dull for me. Though science fiction turns me on. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:01 AM

When I search with my ever-blooming spirit, I always see/find the glamorous side of life. I suspect that's what we all are meant to be. Full-blown spirits. To our cores. That will be the end result of our evolution. Yes. Yes. Evolution is far better than revolution. Let change come naturally. Go with the flow. Savor the precious moments along the way. --Jim