RSS Feed Print
The endless search. Keeps me going..
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:58 AM

Giving meaning and purpose to life. That’s what I think about. When rising. Hours before daybreak. It’s up to me. To create a story. Of my life. And have it all make sense. Of course, that takes imagination. Causes me. To sit down. And write. Whatever comes to mind. To see if I can grasp the moment. Long enough. To feel the pulse beat of life. In a conscious, meaningful manner.  Feeling good about myself. When others around me. Seem to be in deep distress. I wonder. If that’s  why they sleep. And become recluses. Because they have no meaning. No purpose. And here I am. Pondering. Pondering. Feeling the thrill. Of searching. Always. For meaning and purpose. That’s it. The search. The search. The endless search. Keeps me going. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2015 9:35 PM

Don’t always know what I’m searching for. Which is just as well. Because I like surprises. Anyway. If I knew what I was looking for. And then didn’t find it. I’d be disappointed.  Better to be surprised.  And pleased. By whatever I’ve discovered. Unexpectedly.  --Jim

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:33 PM

Happy New Year, Jim. Thank you for being my word buddy. Thanks for your encouragement and musings that make me stretch my fingers to share what is running through this brain of mine.   I have needed to go other places, safe places, to enlarge my territory as it closes in on me at home. I want to squeeze everything out of this 'journey' that I can. I want to examine my thoughts, challenge what I perceive to be my 'limit' of patience. I want to gain what my LO is losing, appreciate the small things that I take for granted and not miss anything that I might be to dull to see.  I feel like LO's loss has awakened all my senses to all that I have to appreciate.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2016 3:56 AM

Above all else, dear Sharon, it’s important to learn to compartmentalize your life. Don’t allow yourself to become a 24/7 care-giver. As heroic as that may sound. It’s foolish. And counterproductive. You need respite. Daily breaks . To take care of yourself. So that you can be a good care-giver. Rather than a physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted care-giver.  Diversify your daily activities. Take breaks from care-giving. Go for walks. Think about other things. Get comfort from musing. Daily. About all sorts of subjects. Avoid becoming preoccupied solely with care-giving.  

Yes, balance your life. Find a way to get rest. So that you can return to care-giving every day. Reasonably refreshed and rejuvenated. In a decent frame of mind. So that you exude good vibes. Always. In the presence of your husband. Yes, stay in control of your self. Your life. You have deep religious convictions. You know how to ask for help. Not only from god. But do it from the people around you. The ones that really care. They will be there for you. That won’t be everyone. But one or two genuine friends is all you need. I’m sure you have them. Anyway, you have an inherently good attitude. About life. That puts you at an advantage. Right from the start. --Jim

P.S. A happy forever.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, June 6, 2016 4:41 AM

Too bad. That there aren’t more Sharons in the world.  Always searching for a fullness of life. Taking risks. By musing. No, she doesn’t have to muse out loud. Every day. In a public forum. But I suspect that Sharon muses. Daily. I can tell a thinker. A searcher, too. When I see one.  Along the way. That makes my day. --Jim