RSS Feed Print
Proof that I lived.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:15 AM

Reviewing one’s life. To determine significance. It’s a real challenge. Maybe everyone. Should be required. To write a memoir. Or better yet. A novel. About one’s life. Indeed, that would be significant. To put it all in a meaningful context. Embellished. To make for wishful thinking. Room for dreams. That become fulfilled. Imaginatively. Really. That’s what it takes. To put one’s life in proper perspective. Otherwise. One lives. And dies. Without significance. I am obligated. To take the meaningless stuff of life. And to practice my craft. By giving it all. True meaning. Proof. That I lived. As a romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer, too. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2016 10:34 PM

Life isn’t long enough. I need more time. Preferably forever. But certainly at least 1,000 years. Maybe I could settle for being a Methuselah. Sort of a compromise. Of course, when I turn 969, I’d probably ask for an additional 1,000 years. Because I miscalculated. I still would need more time. To accomplish everything. To my supreme satisfaction. Heck, I won’t even come close. If I have only 80 or 90 years. To pack it all in. That’s hardly a beginning. I’ve barely got a feel for the life force. Having wasted far too much time.  But truth be told. There’s been little time to start with. I deserve a better deal. All I want now. Is the opportunity to make my case. With the powers that be. Don’t I deserve the same break? The same blessing?. As Methuselah.  Please, give me equal treatment. --Jim  

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 1:17 AM

interesting.. what would you do with another 80 years?  I was just wondering what I would do next...would I work less?  would I play more? maybe. I have not played much in my life. I have enjoyed my work as if it was fun. Many friends. Many laughs. I think I would have listened better.  Maybe talked less. Why is it I think I have such interesting things to say? I guess I am my own biggest fan in a way.  I have to really work at listening, Having this new time in my life gives me a new start.   I have been better at figuring out what people need in different situations.  Now that I have been in a different one. I called my dear friends hubby and asked him if I could watch her while he goes to the funeral of a family member. My sweet friend is dying and he has not left her side for long. My hubby and I can go over for a couple hours. While talking about living for a longer period, It makes me experience more of dying. I don't like that part as my dear friends and family leave this earth. Oh, yes to the great beyond. Where I know I will see them again. My friend who is ill now, I cared for her mom. She lived to be 101 yrs. old.  She was in a coma the last 2 days. On the morning she died, She sat up in bed without any help, raised her arms and smiled. That was it. She had been a school teacher for 40 years. She was the last to receive a life time teaching credential from OSU. I always told her she could go back to work. Each morning I greeted her with breakfast and asked. "Are you still here?"   It was a good laugh each day.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 5:44 AM

I’m trying to imagine. What it’d be like. Living outside of time. I’d be on the same level. The same plateau. As the creator, I suppose. If the creator can live outside of time, don’t the rest of  us have the same right? I wonder. If I could see what’s occurring inside of time. From my perch on the outside. Just to satisfy my curiosity. Maybe the ideal situation would be to have the privilege of flitting back and forth. Inside and outside of time. An interesting thought, isn’t it? Looking at life. From two vastly different dimensions. --Jim

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 6:59 PM

"When I observe Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and stars, which you set into place, What is man that You remember him, the son of man that You look after him?  You made him a little less than God and crowned him with glory and honor.You made him lord over the works of Your hands, You put everything under his feet:  all the sheep and oxen, as well as the animals in the wild, the birds of the sky, and the fish of the sea that pass through the currents of the seas. "

David wrote this in Psalm 8.

Amazing that we have all the abilities we have.....We have all been offered the honor of Spiritual travel when we have a relationship with God. Our eyes are open to the presence of an entire new dimension,  not limited by anything. " Ask and you will recieve"   When in a relationship with God is limitless. Ask away.   I sure did. I needed proof. He gave it to me.

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:36 AM

Here’s the difference between us, dear Sharon. You seek a way. Within organized religion.  I, meanwhile, find my way to the spiritual realm from outside organized religion. Both are valid routes. In my opinion.  To each his/her own. There isn’t a right way and a wrong way.  Instead, individual ways. One doesn’t have to be a Christian or a Muslim or a Hindu or of any organized religion to be ‘saved.’ Ultimately, everyone advances to the spiritual plateau. Even atheists. Even Hitler. Because in the spiritual realm, love prevails. There is forgiveness and repentance.  Believe it or not. Hitler repents. And his victims forgive. Ah, wonderful peace and harmony. In paradise. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2016 12:31 PM

It’s a blessing. That I don’t need absolute proof to believe anything. I merely believe. Such as. In the existence of my everlasting spirit. My spirit doesn’t die. Instead. it’s my physical being that doesn’t last. Disintegrates. Goes away. I was created spirit. And I’ll remain spirit. Yes, I believe what I want to believe. The heck with proof. I am all powerful. All blessed. Because I am true spirit. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2016 4:32 AM

It's so nice, Sharon, that you have helped make this a thoughtful thread. You make me think.  Thank you. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:39 PM

Virtually everything that happens to and around me, makes me think. I feel like a natural born philosopher. A creator. Of my own philosophy of life. Better that I do it. Rather than leave it to others. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:39 PM

Even when I complain about stuff. I am still happy. And in love. With life. Love doesn't take away my right to complain. I wish for more love and kindness in this world. There isn't nearly enough. The important thing is that I have love and life. And the opportunity to make the best of it. --Jim