RSS Feed Print
Do we ever have enough love?
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:23 AM

I love getting up. After 3 or 4 hours of solid sleep. Because. That’s all I need. To feel very, very rested. And it would be a shame. To get more sleep than I need. A little like having more money and security than I need. Don’t know. If that’s a good thing. Or a bad thing. Anyway, I wonder. If most of us have more love than we need. Or is it that we never have enough love? --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 7:06 AM

The thing about love. I don’t necessarily have to be loved. I can love someone or something. Without being loved back. Without being appreciated. Making of love a one-way street. Give and no take. Though come to think of it. If I’m a true lover. I can get great satisfaction. From the mere act of loving another. That’s reward enough. Isn’t it? Love doesn’t have to be reciprocated. Love is selfless. --Jim
w/e
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 1:03 PM

Love is a powerful word. A lot of people tend to use the word too easily, in my opinion. 

For me. To love. And be loved. Is an art. To love. And be loved. Is a creative experience. To love is an encounter. To be loved is a connection. To love and be loved is a union. To love and be loved is a lived reciprocal relationship between beings. It is constant. It is enduring. To love and be loved penetrates the depths of one's being. To love and be loved is to be entwined.

What is love without being loved? Loneliness. Misery. Pain. Anguish.

To love and be loved. Is to give and to receive... Love warms my heart. It feels good. I feel complete... To love someone and be loved by someone takes away the gravity of life. The weight of life... Love is grace... I've been blessed. I have loved. And I've been loved. My immortal beloved and I are one. We love. And it is celestial. Divine. Sacred.

And for many people. To love g-d and be loved by g-d. It is rapturous. It is transcendental. It is a spiritual experience. Since the beginning of Adam and Eve, people have been asking g-d for love. To be one with g-d.

To love. And be loved... is as infinite as the imagination.

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2016 12:00 AM

I wonder. What do I mean? When proclaiming that I’m in love. With life. Of course, I’m not enamored with everything associated with my earthly existence. It’s more appropriate to say I love being alive. With it, so to speak. Being conscious and reflective. Able to choose. Between the stuff I like and don’t like. Able to manage my life. Focused on loving something or someone.  Not necessarily to have love reciprocated. More important (for me) to feel love. And to be able to express it. In meaningful ways. --Jim