RSS Feed Print
Weird and funny thoughts.
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:42 PM

I like moments. When I’m waiting. For a thought. To pop into my head. I have a momentary blank mind. Wondering. What’s to come next? To prove. That I’m an alive and conscious and functioning being. Suddenly. I am aware. That I was born. To contemplate. This and that. Nothing in particular. And then run with it. To a destination. Where I find meaning. Though. Along the route. I pause. To ask. Why must there be meaning to life? Perhaps. It’s all right. To live a meaningless life. More proof. That I have weird and funny thoughts. --Jim
w/e
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 5:26 PM

Hmm.

I am... that I am... what I am...

Life, I say... Life, I do... To say and to do. To define and to give meaning... Giving meaning to a meaning-less life... it is a courageous act.

A life without meaning. Despair...  A life without choice.  Imprisoned... Thank you. Courageous Lucy. Thank you. Courageous Eve... Yes... the prison door is open. You gave meaning to the act of living a full life. You did your do. You freed yourselves...

With resolve and determination... I am... I do... I am a simple squirrel... trying to find under a blanket of snow the nuts I decided to store for the winter.  My being and my actions, meaningless? I hope not, otherwise I will not survive this winter. I would cease to exist. A being, no more... I am because I do. I do because I am.

To say, I am. And to do, the I am... 

And choices... if the fates allow it...

Water. Juice. Soda. Coffee. Tea. Blueberries. Raspberries. Strawberries. Cake. Chocolate. Sambuca. Cointreau. Napoleon Brandy.

Hmm. I think tonight after dinner in the warm comfort of my middle class nest, I'll have Napoleon Brandy... Delicious.

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2016 12:19 PM

Something nice. About the search for meaning. I have multiple choices. Free to choose several meanings. Or no meaning at all. Which really is a form of meaning. Total acceptance of a situation. Without an apparent meaning. Based solely on faith alone. That it’s the right thing to do. For reason beyond human comprehension. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:36 PM

Just thinking. That I have nothing on my mind tonight. That makes me a liar. Because I have something on my mind. The fact. That I have nothing on my mind. I’m at a loss. Over where to go from here. I’m trying to put nothing on my mind. To make my mind a total blank. But that’s frustrating me. This idea of a blank mind. Absolute nothingness. Keeps popping to mind. It’s driving me crazy. One of these days. I want to achieve my goal. Of truly having nothing on my mind. That leaves me in a quandary. Because nothing is something. It ain't nothing.--Jim