RSS Feed Print
Give me unhinged perfection.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:46 AM

If I had divine powers, I wouldn't allow loved ones to die. I'd take it upon myself. To relegate everyone – not only loved ones but everyone – to a spiritual realm. There would be no discrimination. Everyone would be redeemed and forgiven. And able to live out their spiritual life. In a state of grace. Forever. In a spiritual dimension outside of time. This is the creator's ultimate  act. Total redemption. Total forgiveness.  An utter state of blessed bliss.  Pure, pure love. Sure, tell me this is preposterous. A fairy tale. The work of an unhinged imagination. But hey, if I were the creator,  I’d settle for nothing less than unhinged perfection. The saving of everyone. Of course, I don't have divine powers. Only wishful thinking. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Imagination. Imagination. Imagination. Don’t know how I’d live. Without my imagination. Allows me to go on flights of fantasy. Sure, Sure. Most times I know it’s fantasy. But occasionally my fantasies become real. Yes, I live my fantasies. And that. More than anything. Is the source of my happiness. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:04 PM

I can choose not to be. And I might make such a choice. If I became tired of living. But I’m not tired of life. Never have been. Even when physically, mentally and emotionally drained. Fact is. I’m in love with life. That’s the difference-maker. Even when life seems a little humdrum. It doesn’t bother me.  Because I am able to make the most of the blahs. By writing about life in meaningful and pulsating ways. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:02 AM

If I were president, I'd run things in meaningful and pulsating ways. For the common good. Of course, I would meet with opposition. But that's a moot point. I'll never become president.  Just as well.  I have better ways to be meaningful and pulsating. In the pursuit of politic-free happiness. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:23 AM

It boils down. To learning to be a free spirit. We all have that option. Let's be free, free, free. And not be scared of life. We are living too much in fear. Much of it imagined. Better to be free of  fear.  --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:37 AM

Nobody has the right to take away my freedom. Let them try. And I will resist. I will find a way to be free. In spirit. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 11:19 AM

Give me liberty. Or give me a vocal Patrick Henry. I'd rather live and love than die. I'll let Henry do the dying. For a cause. Better to escape. And become a recluse and a lover. It is from living love that I get my sustenance.--Jim
George K
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:44 PM

Jim, here's a quote I think you'll like...

"In order to sin properly it is not necessary to break the rules.  All we need to do is keep them to the letter."

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:27 AM

Yes, George, to follow rules is the greatest sin of all. One who follows rules rigidly is little more than succumbing to laziness. A non-questioning, robotic existence. Please allow me to be a rebel. A rule-breaker. I try to write my own rules. In a way that I don’t hurt others. But hey, I don’t let it bother my conscience. If I happen to hurt a scum mag. Such as Donald Trump. I refuse to love everyone. Even though I fancy myself to be a good-hearted lover. I also try to be a good-hearted sinner. Even Jesus was a sinner. And a misunderstood rule-breaker, to boot. He was and is no Christian.  He would be horrified by what many ‘Christians’ have become. Hypocrites. Who think that only Christians are worthy of salvation. Yes. Yes. Everyone is worthy. Even atheists. Wonderful. Wonderful. How’s that for breaking the standard rules? --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:32 PM

One doesn't have to be a Christian to revere and respect Jesus. One can also respect Christians. Without being a Christian. I try to respect almost everyone. Jews. Muslims. Hindus. Buddhists. Atheists. And I like to engage them all. In  respectful chats. And I hope they show me respect, too. Though I don't require it. Especially if they feel I haven't earned their respect. As for Jesus, I'm fascinated by him. I often use him as my guide. I frequently ask myself, 'What would Jesus do?' Especially when I'm faced with a dilemma. Not knowing what I should do in difficult and perplexing situations. Incidentally, Jesus offended his share of people, didn't he? Little wonder that he was nailed to a cross. He was a threat to the politicians of his day. I'd probably be less offensive to avoid a similar fate. Jesus was a brave man. Dying for a cause. I'm not so brave. If put to a test, I might well be the coward. In order to save my butt.. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:38 AM

I’m fascinated. By claims of some Christian theologians.  That there is now written evidence that Jesus was married to Mary the Magdalene, and that they had children together. Imagine that. There may be direct descendants of Jesus walking the Earth today. Yes. Could be that Jesus was very much a lover. There’s a lot we don’t know about him. Prior to age 30. I’d like to fill in the blanks. Imaginatively. I suspect that Jesus was far more human than portrayed in the Bible. Wow! What would we know about Jesus if the modern-day news media and technology existed 2,000 years ago? I want to know more.  --Jim

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:45 PM

Jim,

Andy is a person with dementia. And you continue to post even after you know how it affects him.

Neither religion and our beliefs, nor politics and our beliefs have anything to do with the purpose of these boards. Therefore, I am earnestly requesting that asI am a person with dementia, you have respect for the feelings of another PWD.

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 10:43 AM

Seems to me that religion should be a soothing subject. To talk about. I certainly find it soothing. And engrossing. A way to relax. And to stimulate my spiritual mind. I’m fascinated by religions. I’d like to visit other inhabited planets in other faraway  galaxies. So that I could study the religious practices. I wonder if religions sprout naturally. For all forms of intelligent life. How many have a firm belief in gods? And an afterlife? Are we to believe that one god prevails over all forms of life in the cosmos? These are pertinent questions. In an attempt to make sense of life. I want an answer to everything. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 1:19 PM

Share your thoughts, observations and poems about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. 

That's the purpose. plain and simple. 

There are plenty of places one can go to discuss religion and politics. You can even do this through private messaging here. You can have your own blog.

Andy59
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 1:27 PM

JFKOC - You are right, this is not a forum about faith, but is all about dementia, and ways to help fight a good fight against dementia. I had mentioned the same several months ago, but let myself get a little over ambitious in my posting. 

All on this forum I consider friends, even if we disagree on a few topics.

I deleted my "musings is not for me" thread because it seemd to be causing stress for some. That was not my goal, I only wanted my fellow musers to know why I chose not to engage anymore.

Have fun musing, I will try and post more on the EOAD thread.

Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 2:10 PM

Hi Andy,  If you go to the very top of this page.  .. to the opening sentence you realize why the message so many of us tried to send was not received. 

Too bad and I doubt you are the first to leave. Do join the gang on Early Onset and you can muse all you want

Andy59
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 2:58 PM

Thanks Mimi, your example is just one of many. God Bless.
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:28 AM

Just want to remind everyone, I am respectful of every religion. Even though I am essentially spiritual. Rather than religious. I am fascinated by the many religions that dot the world. I like to periodically update this thread. It has drawn a fair amount of response. Mostly positive, it seems to me. Could be, I'm biased. --Jim
TiggerPooh
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:43 AM

I agree. Just post whatever you think. It doesn’t really matter. It’s just people you are dealing with. Preposition at the end of the sentence? Go for it! Freedom.
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 2:09 PM

Everyone should be free as a Tigger Pooh. --Jim