RSS Feed Print
Wondering. About the nature of life.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 11:50 AM

I like the feeling. Of being immersed. In a moment. Such as right now. Savoring a moment. That might otherwise be insignificant.  Because I’m not fully immersed. Merely going through motions instead. Anyway, at this very moment. I’m feeling alive. With it. Maybe not for any particular reason. Other than I am feeling extraordinarily alive. Aware of my existence. In an extraordinary world. I suspect. That I’m supposed to feel like this. All the time. But don’t. Makes me wonder. If I’m deprived. Or if this is the nature of human life. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 5:20 AM

I tend to find significance. In things. That initially seemed insignificant. Because I allow the thought process to percolate. To evolve. In essence, I search for reasons to make the insignificant become significant. For instance, the premature deaths of my maternal grandparents. At the relatively young ages of 26 and 38. Both of whom I never knew. Anyway, their early deaths turned out to be a blessing. For me. Because it prompted my mother into a marriage of convenience. For reasons of security. Rather than love. She probably would never have married my father. If her parents had lived a normal life span. That would have been bad news for me. I’d never have been born. But here I am. Alive and happy, 80 years later. Indeed, that’s very significant. From my perspective. --Jim