RSS Feed Print
A way to the good life.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:59 PM

This may sound egotistical. From my perspective, I’m the most important person in the world. That’s the way it should be. I have to take care of myself. One way or another. Because if I don’t, there’s no guarantee that others will do it for me. Meanwhile, I have no qualms about taking care of others. But if I don’t take care of myself, I’m likely to be in no position to care for others. Therefore, I put myself first and foremost. I encourage others to do much the same.  Yes, it’s an individual approach to life. Of course, some are incapable of caring for themselves. They need help. Which society is capable of providing. Face it. Truth be told. I like and respect me.  But I can’t force others to. Fortunately, some do. But others don’t. Incidentally, the people I like most are the ones that like and respect themselves.  And they aren’t necessarily egotistical about it. It’s simply a practical and productive way to the good life.  --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:53 AM

My Italian amore, Cristina, is virtually as important as me. At least in my little world. Because she’s my one and only true love. I accept her. Unconditionally. That’s a requirement of true love. Not easily attained. My best guess is that most relationships are conditional. If pushed to the extreme. Anyway, I try to take good and loving care of Cristina. And that’s best achieved. When I also take good care of myself. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. That makes me a reasonably good lover. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:18 AM

I wonder what it means. To take care of one’s self. Depends upon the individual, I suppose. For me, it means being happy. And in love. With life. And with someone other than myself.  Sounds pretty simple doesn’t it?  No doubt about it. I’m in love. But I need reminders. And I have them. Every day. In my Italian amore, Cristina. And my cat, Loverboy. And in just being alive. In vibrant ways. It helps. That I am able to write. And to muse. About the wonders of life. About being truly alive.  And going to breakfast. This morning. With dear friends. No doubt. I have problems. Mental. Emotional. Physical. Like everyone else. But I love to cope. With life’s daily challenges.  Hardly ever do I go to bed. In anything other than a happy frame of mind. Amazing, too. I wake up happy. Yes, I’m off to a good start. Knowing there’s a good finish ahead. Tonight. When I fall asleep.  Drifting into sweet and pleasant dreams. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:27 AM

Coping. Coping. Coping. I always find ways to cope. That's a fun part of life. The ability to adjust. To make the best of every situation. Always. Always. There's a blessing. Hidden beneath the surface. It's merely a matter of looking. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:43 PM

Give me your take, Andy, on what happens after death. If anything. And don't hesitate to muse on any other subject. I'm a good listener. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:00 AM

I’m spiritual. Not religious That’s where you and I diverge, Andy. Which is all right. To each his own. One isn’t required to follow the dictates of a particular religion. In order to advance to the idyllic afterlife. Even atheists qualify. That’s by grand design. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want to believe. Individual choice. I choose to steer clear of organized religions. I call myself a spiritual free-thinker. I believe in the spirit. Not in religions. I am dedicated to becoming a spirit. Free to roam the cosmos (all of creation) as an indestructible, nonphysical spirit. Wow! Grand and glorious freedom. Like god, so to speak. I’ve been led to believe this. In my other roles. Here on Planet Earth. As a romantic idealist, a lover, a dreamer. I don’t have to be a ‘Christian’ to be saved. Wouldn’t matter if I were a Jew, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist or an atheist. Even savages in the wilderness are saved. Entitled to an afterlife. Makes me an optimist. A positive thinker.  A true believer.  You and I are both saved, Andy. We choose our own paths. You can link up with your Jesus. In the afterlife. And I can go on my exploration of the cosmos. And if I bump into Jesus along the way, I’ll embrace him. As a spiritual friend. As a fellow spiritual philosopher.  Not necessarily as a savior.  Of course, there’s a possibility of no afterlife. That death is death. The end. Absolute nothingness.  But as long as I am an alive and conscious being, I have the option to protest. To insist on an afterlife. By my own creative design.  That keeps me going. Keeps me happy. Keeps me contented. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:43 PM

I’m in love, Andy. With life.  That’s the nicest thing about life.  The ability and opportunity to fall in love.  That’s why I am here. To love and to be loved. And to have lofty dreams. There’s no need to debate religion and spirituality.  Because everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. It’s an individual thing. There’s no need or desire for me to impose my way on others. We are very unique individuals. All of us. Free to choose our own way. Everyone must find his/her own truth. Without imposing it on others.  Meanwhile, I try to be a good listener. In an attempt to understand others.  Another thing. I love to muse. About any and everything. Maybe it’s that I find life very, very fascinating. So wonderful. To be alive and conscious. And to be able to express myself. Freely. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:07 AM

Let's keep musing, everyone. I'm for non-stop musing. Nothing wrong with musing one's way through life. --Jim