RSS Feed Print
Alone with Myself, Someone I Have not Had to Spend Time With
Alexander_Green
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:54 AM

Sharon, I read your entire story here and I thank you for sharing your life experiences with me.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:48 AM

I welcomed you. Joyously. When you came aboard Musings a few years ago, dear Sharon.  You didn’t complain. You forged ahead. And added luster to Musings. With one of the finest threads ever. Now others are starting to follow. They have finally found the guts to participate. Not to leave it to the likes of you and I. All the more reason to celebrate. Do you like what’s happening? I do. Now I can focus on welcoming the many other contributors. What a blessing. --Jim

BlossomsPack
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 10:12 PM

What a passage full of grace and forgiving. Sharon, even if you only stop over sometime to visit, I do hope you read that others are reading about your life here and finding worth in your words.
Maimoona
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:57 AM

Hi everyone,

I am new at this forum, I joined to seek some help. 

My beloved older sister has been diagnosed with alzheimers and has been recently admitted in a nursing home. Her condition is not suitable to keep her home. She is a wanderer and sometimes shows so much agitated behavior that is nearly hard to control.

I try to visit her daily as she waits for me. 

The problem is that as soon as I enter the room she starts saying to gather all the stuff and that we are going home now. Sometimes she cries, some times begs and sometimes holds my hand not to leave her there. I feel so guilty that I make false promises to her that yes I will take you and then leave the place while some nurse is distracting her. 

Am I doing right? 

Will she get used to being at a place where she sees strangers all the time?                                (She says that she does not like people...nurses of course... coming in any time they want. Who are they to interrupt my privacy..They steal my stuff.. I am loosing all my belongings... I will end up having nothing and things like that!)

I am really confused. I will appreciate if I can get some advice.

Thanks!!!

Jo C.
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:47 AM

Hello maimoona and a very warm welcome to you.   I very much would like to get you to a Forum where you can get much input from other people who are caregiving and have much helpful information to share.

You have landed on a very old Thread from 2015, and you have also landed on on the Forum titled, "Musings," which is a Forum for off topic musings and not designed for these caregiving issues and you will not get the input or number of responses you would get on a busier Forum dedicated to just such carer issues.

If you will go out to the grid where you came in and go to the, "Caregiver's Forum," there is where you will find the most responses and information.   You can copy your Post or write a new one, it is up to you.

Looking forward to seeing you on the Caregiver's Forum.

J.

ThisLittlePiggie
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:39 AM

Hi, Maimoona, I received some very good advice when I posted on the Caregivers forum, which is the first forum you click on when you enter this message board. There are many persons here with a lot of experience of the adjustment their loved one goes through when they are in a new place. In order to start a new thread you click on the green button that says "start topic" and then put your item for consideration. If you would like help with this, please let us know and we will guide you through the steps.

For me, I have not had the experience of placing my mom or husband, and so I haven't faced this experientially, and I feel that whatever advice I give it will be from other people, not me. 

Good luck, Maimoona, and I hope you come back.