RSS Feed Print
'...very old and record-setting age.'
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 6:48 PM

I wonder. About Methuselah’s health. At various stages of his long life. Hey, the guy was purported to have lived for 969 years.  I’m 80. And I’m beginning to feel old. It’d  be an incredible, if not impossible feat, for me to reach 100. I’d be decrepit and debilitated, by then. A complete physical and mental wreck. I have serious doubts. That there ever was a real Methuselah. More likely, a mythical one. Which is all right. I  have nothing against myths or legendary  characters.. Too bad that the camera wasn’t invented. Back when Methuselah was roaming about. I’d like well-preserved and documented photo evidence. To see what the old coot looked like. As he apparently slowly aged. I wonder, too, if Methuselah had good medical care and advice. Or was it a blessing. Perfect genes.  And what was it that finally did him in? Show me the death certificate. There’d be no dispute, I suppose. If one listed the cause as ‘very old and record-setting age.’ --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 10:44 AM

Nice thing about myths. I’m not compelled to accept any of ‘em. Better to create my own myths. The ones that make me feel comfortable. As for existing myths. I can revise and amend. And interpret. My own way. That’s the nature of myths. The built-in flexibility. Left to the individual imagination. Here I am. Free to accept any myth. As fact. Rather than fiction. The very essence of all religions. --Jim