RSS Feed Print
A natural born dreamer, am I.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:24 PM

I’m running out of time. Yes, that’s a peril. When one reaches old age. But I’m learning to deal with time. By not thinking too far ahead. Into oblivion. The important thing. I’m here now. And able to imagine being around. For another five years. Maybe even 10. If I’m lucky. Of course, it was more comforting when I was able to imagine. Realistically. Being around for another 50 years. Though there never were any guarantees. But the statistics were still on my side.  Not so any more. But I have one big advantage. My imagination. It’s more fertile and creative than ever. I imagine. Living on and on. As spirit. That’s contrary to scientific evidence. But then, I’m fortunate. To not be a scientist.  Instead, I’m a natural born dreamer. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2015 3:33 AM

A dreamer that defies the odds. And dares to hope. Without limitations. All things are possible. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:15 PM

Of all the things I profess to be, maybe the best one of all, is that of dreamer. I could give up so many other pursuits. But not that of dreamer. Of course, not all my dreams come true. But hey, enough to keep me happy. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:51 AM

I have a dream. That never ends. That life is one continuous dream. That's my best dream of all. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 10:23 AM

So very nice. That I don't have to go to sleep in order to dream. Some of  my best dreams come when I am most wide awake.  When I am walking. Outdoors. Maybe I'm receiving an assist. Inspiration. From Mother Nature. She's one of my dearest friends. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 5:37 AM

Interesting. That some of my best friends are mythical beings. We shape each other. In so many nice ways. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:53 PM

One of my best friends is Sisyphus. Putting his shoulder. To a boulder. Pushing it up a steep hill. To near the top. When the boulder slips away. And rolls back down.  That's supposed to be his punishment. But Sisyphus tells me he reaped pleasure. On his way back down the hill.  To fetch the rock. At a leisurely pace. Time to catch his breath. And to observe the beauty of  nature. The labor part wasn't so bad, either. Built muscles. And endurance. Stamina. He was physically fit. No weakling. Mentally and physically. --Jim