RSS Feed Print
A better place. Without me.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 11:56 PM

I wonder. What it would be like. To withdraw from the world. For a year or two.  Shut off completely. From what’s happening back in civil society. No news.  No contact with the outside world. Isolation. Similar to being stranded on a desert island. I’d get by. As long as I had food. And books. And pen and paper. That would be sufficient. Anyway. I’d likely feel good about the experience. Though I’d miss my Italian amore. And a few friends. But it would be an interesting experiment. I like the notion. Of being separated from the rest of mankind. Of course, I’m generally a curious fellow.  Keeping tabs on current events. I’m reasonably social, too. But I could put that all aside. And use the opportunity of self-exile to stir my mind.  With deep thought. Including conversations with myself. And with spirits, mythical and otherwise.  Upon return to civilization, I’d hope to have discovered. That the world became a better place. Without me. --Jim

chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:04 AM

And the ones here who read your words almost daily. Would they be better ? Is the little world of ALZ connected and whoever reads your blogs going to be better ?

I'm not saying everyone here agrees with you on every topic, but as you have pointed out before, what a boring place this would be if we all agreed. Now, talking and learning from one another... that's a good thing.

For myself, I think that every person in this world knows something that I don't, and each time someone leaves this earth, either by death, or by seclusion, we all lose a little something.

It's taken me a long time to learn this, and I believe I am still learning it. And feeling the voids.

Would it change my life any if you found your island and moved there ? Probably not. At least not at first. But I wonder about all the others who read here and find a piece of hope for another day. What will they do ?

Chris

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:24 PM

Interesting on this journey, I have been cut off from the world as I knew it before. Friends, work, television, radio , telephone conversations. All stopped.   

Then I found ALZ. connect...  Just goes to show you that we will always have ways to share ourselves with others.  I feel we are here for fellowship with each other. Words are such a wonderful language.  They draw pictures, they sing songs, they share love and kindness.  Of course, they are used in icky ways also, but I love the possitive side of life.