RSS Feed Print
As Figured, I Got Reported & Edited & Warned
llee08032
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:28 AM

(((((((Jfkoc)))))))),

I hope that none of us has to be in such an unfortunate position again. I'm on the boards almost everyday because I live alone and I need support and have to be here. I don't want to have to need support but I don't know where I would be if I didn't have a place to come to. I wish I could afford to pick up my crayons and go home when I get angry but going it alone is too, too hard! I don't want any part or anything to do with making other persons lives miserable.

BlueSkies
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 12:09 PM

I came on here just to check in after a very difficult weekend and this is what I found.  Something that was laid to rest awhile back, being rehashed again.  Really???  Why the need to start this all up again????    Is drama on the boards a need for some of you???   Please, please stop all this judging and bashing of someone who has dementia ( and was already warned, edited and even left the boards.)  I think he has suffered enough for not thinking correctly and mentioning someone's name.

Bill is gone now and he won't be coming back, which I consider a shame and it's an even worse shame that you people can not let what happen go and move on with your lives!

This is done and over with....find something else to fill your time!

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Andrew60 wrote:

As a person with MCI, I completely agree with Bill. I learn from all the PWD posts, but I seldom comment because I dont have dementia, so how can I offer help?

This entire forum has changed since I first joined in 2016. The early onset board is very slow, 

The patient boards have changed since 2016 because one person came and began to attack people, but especially me.  When she left, her followers, including Bill, began to attack me.   I have always been here to help people living with dementia.  Due to being attacked on the boards,  I have been reluctant to "out" myself as having dementia.  For the record, there is no specific dividing line between dementia and MCI.   The boards are open to anyone to post.  I and another member (I won't mention the name) try to keep the YOAD board going by  posting frequently.  Otherwise, there are few posts.  Even when a new member posts, there are few responses.  One of our members has complained repeatedly about not getting responses when she is in distress.  I predicted in 2016 when the attacks began that our wonderful board would be destroyed.  I am sorry to say, my prediction is coming true.  Some members and caregiver members did reach out to support and protect me, and I thank them.  I find it discouraging that other members applaud and congratulate those who attacked me.

When I joined in 2009 I was told this was an online support group.  It no longer is a support group. I feel sorry for new members.  Even a poster on this thread, who has attacked me, has complained about not feeling supported.  There was a lot of complaining about old members.  The old members are here to help the new members.  Isn't that how it's supposed to work?  Someone commented that I am posting less. I am posting less because I don't want to be attacked.   FWIW,  I am in a crisis right now and I need support.  But I don't expect support from this group, except for two members, and you know who you are.  I feel ridiculous in having to post in code like this, but this is what the attacks have brought me to.

Iris L.

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 3:05 PM

It did start then as Iris has posted. Ironically I have recently been sent information about the person who was instrumental in changing the boards. There seems to have been no death. 

Someone is researching this. 

Andrew60
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 3:46 PM

Iris, I hope you keep on posting because your posts have really helped me. I have went back and read hundreds of threads, and your comments are very insightful. 

All of you who post on the early onset and dementia threads post far more useful knowledge than what I can learn from by reading medical research papers, or even from my Drs. 

There is only one poster who I LET get to me. Everybody else seems to truly want to be helpful.

JFKOC - Im gussing who you are referring too, and that would be interesting to say the least.

BethL
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 7:23 PM

JFKOC, I think I know who you refer to and there is a video done as part of news program from August 2017 that I saw online where she appeared and spoke.

I don't remember her supposed date of death. 

Really not sure why she would fake her death, when she was always so active on this board. Can't imagine she'd voluntarily just quit posting. 

????

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 7:49 PM

mid March 2017 I think
llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:16 AM

BlueSkies wrote:

I came on here just to check in after a very difficult weekend and this is what I found.  Something that was laid to rest awhile back, being rehashed again.  Really???  Why the need to start this all up again????    Is drama on the boards a need for some of you???   Please, please stop all this judging and bashing of someone who has dementia ( and was already warned, edited and even left the boards.)  I think he has suffered enough for not thinking correctly and mentioning someone's name.

Bill is gone now and he won't be coming back, which I consider a shame and it's an even worse shame that you people can not let what happen go and move on with your lives!

This is done and over with....find something else to fill your time!

Well it's all here in black and white now isn't it? After a particularly hard week ( I won't use that as a crutch) I came here on 2/18 and just saw this post where you and Keep It nonchalantly mention my name in disagreement about something I posted. I certainly have a right to respond to my name being called out on the board like I'm not even here. Bill was divided and split with his peers on the YOAD board w/o even seeing it. Whoever started all the splitting is the one responsible for his leaving the board? Coming here and talking about the members on the YOAD board (behind their backs) and rallying the forces against them is splitting. I want no part of this. Please just leave me alone and keep me out of your posts. 

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:48 AM

Iris,

Perhaps too much is expected of us on the YOAD board? I don't have the answers. 

BlueSkies
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:10 AM

Wow, is all I can say.  I was hoping this thread would end after what I posted, but I guess for whatever reason some here just want to keep infighting on these boards going.   I understand when people are hurting that they tend to lash out.  But this is ridiculous.  I stepped on your toes once Iris and you have never let me forget it.  I even apologized to you for having hurt your feelings and you still can't let it go.  Llee, I thought you and I were friends , but all you do lately is bring up old "disruptive"  threads and start them going again.  This is the second time you have brought up Bill's post since he has left.  You even brought it up on the EO board to make sure Iris saw it.  Bill was frustrated and had a right to vent like everyone else does, but should not have mentioned names.  He was warned and edited and left.  What more do you all want from this?  To see another member get hurt and leave?  I am asking that you all please drop this and work on supporting each other instead of stirring up trouble that is old and already dealt with.  

As far as the past member Sun still rises, I met her when I first joined.  She reached out to me and supported me and we became close.  When I heard she took her own life I was devestated.  Now I here "rumors" that she is alive.  If so I will be devastated again because that would mean she lied to me about so much and her daughter too  who I actually talked to and I would feel so "sick".  Why would anyone do that????  What would be their motivation????   I prefer to believe she told me the truth.  I prefer to believe she was a good friend.  Either way she is gone like Bill.   Can we not just let them go and move on now to being here for each other instead of gossiping and creating havoc in a place that is supposed to be caring and supportive.  Please let's all be kind and loving to each other.  Please...

ALZConnected Moderator
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:55 PM

Please keep in mind that the main purpose of this online community is to provide support and education to those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia. 

In accordance with community guidelines, please be respectful of others and their opinions. 

Violation of these guidelines may result in Moderator action to lock or delete the thread.

ALZConnected Moderator 

Andrew60
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:32 PM

Thanks. Made my day. 

A thread about being edited and warned, has now been warned by the Moderator. Priceless, but who honestly did not see this coming?

llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:07 AM

I hope the moderators delete this whole thread! Just for the record I did not purposefully reopen this post. Some of the old posts in Musings went helter skelter after a thread was deleted for some reason. I'm not the one calling out persons names on the board and stirring up _ _ _ _.  Like I said it's all here in black and white. Furthermore, you don't get to decide when the feelings of others get unhurt and dictate when everyone should stop voicing their hurt and opinions because you would like everyone to forget about how hurtful and abusive you can be. Our opinions matter also. All I ask is that you please afford me the courtesy of not mentioning my name in any of your posts in the future. Trust me I'm just as tired of all this as the next person. I'm done with it! Done with all the gossiping and pitting people against each other. I'm sure that is not the intention of what the Musings board is supposed to be; to come here and talk about others behind they're backs. ENOUGH!
Andrew60
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 11:33 AM

I agree, delete this thread. But why stop there, delete all of Musing. The Musing section is mostly filled with posts that have NOTHING to do with dementia.
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:35 AM

Best. For everyone. To try to be Bill’s non-judgmental friend. Can’t do more than that. Meanwhile, I don’t fully understand what’s going on. This thread started when I was in France. I’ve always had a good exchange with Bill. I instinctively like the guy. I have nothing but good to say about him. Good luck, Bill. I’m in your camp. --Jim

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:37 AM

Now I'm accused of bashing Bill? I recall complaining about the verbal abuse of another member. What kind of person would not complain about someone being verbally abused on the board? The integrity that used to exist is no longer here! Grasp at all the straws you want the truth is the truth.
ALZConnected Moderator
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:20 AM

This thread has been locked by the ALZConnected Moderator.