RSS Feed Print
for Andrew
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:07 PM

Posting a reply here to your post on EO

I have always thought that Musings was sort of an anything goes forum. This time it was off and running on Kavanaugh. You took the bait if only for a moment. I then felt compelled to make a comment and so it went. Mia culpa.

Regarding your comment about the battle going on else where I feel, again, the need to comment. I believe it is between Christians and non Christians .

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:58 PM

Sinner here...don't care....maybe a bit...??.....but I have an ugly temper sometimes tooo.....and it's cruel, especially when I'm on the wild road.

Anyway, treat others how we want to be treated?  Try not to hurt, and if we do, apologize.  Humble ourselves and apologize.  That's really hard to do.  Admit when we're wrong, and say sorry even if we know we were right. 

Do I practice that?  I do fail many times.  

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 4:59 PM

I'm mean to my sister....lots of times.  It feels good being mean to her...don't know why.  Maybe I"m still traumatized from when she didn't like me as a kid.....pay back time!!!  Joking.
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:24 PM

Yeah, I didn't like that other thread either.....so I jumped out in time.
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:10 PM

Not to be too blunt, but from the Christian perspective, there is either a Christian or an atheist, nothing in between. 

Well there it is out in the open. That is the message that comes out loud and clear on a routine basis. Is it any wonder that there is hurt going on. 

edited...this was a reply to a post that was removed

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2018 8:31 PM

I see no reason to delete this thread. I questioned what you said on EO and you answered. Seems civilized to me...
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 8:48 AM

Oh no. I had another question and this thread seemed like a safe place to ask it. Oh, well.

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:24 PM

aHHH, geez....now I look like a crazy person just blabbing along in this thread to myself...embarrassing.  I mean, I do do that at home, but NOT in public. Caught a few times, but pretended nothing was wrong.
Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:35 PM

I deleted my previous posts on this thread, and my one post on the SCOTUS thread.

I have very strong beliefs in Jesus as my Savior. Thats all I need to say.

I dont want anyone to feel uncomfortable, as I did not join this forum for a Theological debate. I do that most days on another forum.

I do enjoy the unique bond we all share.

ALZConnected Moderator
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:03 PM

To ensure that ALZConnected remains a positive and supportive environment, the Alzheimer's Association reserves the right to remove any post that is in violation of the community guidelines.  Violation of these guidelines has resulted in Moderation action to remove a post from this thread.

Thank you,

ALZConnected Moderator

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 9:44 AM

I don't remember which post it was.....hmm
chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 1:25 PM

Neither do I Ruth.
jfkoc
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 2:29 PM

It was my reply to Andrew telling him that I was shocked
ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Maybe that's why I didn't remember it, because the skeleton of the thread didn't seem to have anything bad in it. 

One time, one of my non-fully spelled out expletives was completely removed.  If they could just hear how I really talk.  Total sailor.  The revised post made me look like a lady.  Whatever.

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 3:46 PM

Perhaps since Andrew deleted his posts nothing made much sense. It was a simple conversation but I can see how my remaining post could have looked odd.
Andrew60
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2018 4:09 PM

I was on a break, but decided to peek in on the forum today and came across this thread. 

Yes, I deleted my posts,  but not because of anything between me and JFKOC. Her posts were fine, and I think my response were ok, total civility between us. I did delete them because I understand my beliefs could be a source of stress for others, and thats not why Im on this forum. When I first joined in 2016 under my old name, I posted often about my beliefs, and mainly went back and forth with only one individual about belief and atheism. We also went round and round about politics, until one day, through helpful private discussion from another member, I came to realize this is not the forum to talk at length about either subject. I dont want to add any stress to one who is probably already near their limits of stress. 

To sum it up - Last week, I violated my own rules, and went in to more detail about Christianity than I believe is appropriate for this type of forum, so I removed them. Its a fine line I try and walk, but occasionally I will falter, but usually end up deleting the comments later on.