RSS Feed Print
World Alzheimer Report 2019 Survey: Your attitudes around Dementia
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:14 PM

https://www.alz.co.uk/research/world-report-2019

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:32 PM

I took survey online and was surprised by my responses.

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:20 PM

I was surprised by some of the questions since circumstances play a role
alz+
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2019 3:36 AM

the questionnaire - I am still stirred up by it. People know we are vulnerable, they are asking for how we experience that state of being marginalized or taken advantage of, neglected etc.

This is going to be important to all those who have this condition now and in future, expand advice given to caregivers and general public and MEDICAL people.

I did it online but you can print it our and mail it I think.

it moved me deeply to know people without dementia are out there searching for help in how to help us. I watch a lot of I Shouldn't Be Alive episodes and weep every time the rescue people show up. This was like when the plane crash survivor hears the helicopter coming. 

Thank you Michael for bringing this here. Love you.

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2019 5:59 AM

See Results

https://www.alz.co.uk/research/WorldAlzheimerReport2019.pdf

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2019 6:28 AM

Thank You so much to all of you who took the time to do this. Some folks fought very hard to stop this here and were able to get some of them deleted. Part of the problems in this world are places like AA not helping people with dementia as they care more about their own jobs. That will change as long as good people are out there fighting for us. 

alz+
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2019 3:40 AM

stigma allows for abuse and creates loneliness.

Yesterday on walk with my dog I saw a woman at her mailbox who I had met casually on previous walk and I saw her in a golden light and called out to her "You look like a million bucks!" Her neighbor across the street heard that and came out. She reminds me of a friend I have lost touch with who was having cognitive problems and no longer responds.

anyway, I try to avoid speaking to people to respect their alone time walking their dogs and to not do or say things that signal Weird Person. Both of these people were good sports about my ... effort to put that outburst into context. When I moved here I went to neighborhood watch meeting and tried to prevent being seen as a problem by saying "hey I wander with my dog and often stop and stare or express myself in maybe an odd way but not a drunk or drug addict or crazy, just ALZ..." and it might have helped.

I woke up anxious because Habib has overnight guest coming tomorrow who has a lot of fear about being around me. 

my posts tonight disappear adn I am logged out before I can make them happen