RSS Feed Print
The 4th Anniversary
Army_Vet60
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 8:42 PM

Aug 24 starts the fourth anniversary of Sandy's death...

Spiritually, we are both Nature Worshippers. After she died, one particular song re-entered my life and gave me inspiriation to honor Sandy in a way that honors our spiritual bond.

Every year, I make a donation to have a tree planted in her name.

I know we'll be reunited when its my time to leave, but I still miss her more and more each day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZiEY3O-FWk

ladyzetta
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 5:37 PM

Army.

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing. That song does bring back a lot of memories. Some day you will be reunited and what a beautiful day that will be. Take care, Hugs Zetta 

amicrazytoo
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 10:30 PM

Army,

I feel the same. I'm not ready to die, but I also don't want to live without my soul mate. It has only been 9 months since my DH passed. I can not imagine 4 years. My thoughts are with you.

Jill

Army_Vet60
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2022 11:25 AM

ladyzetta wrote:

Army.

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing. That song does bring back a lot of memories. Some day you will be reunited and what a beautiful day that will be. Take care, Hugs Zetta 

Hi, thanks for responding!

I had not heard that song for decades.

Then some time after Sandy died, I dreamt that I was at the karaoke where Sandy and I always sang.

I was on the stage alone and sang "Honey" to her. Midway through the song I broke down and  woke up telling Sandy how much I missed her.

The line  "Now my life's an empty stage" has stayed with me every time I sing at karaoke and she's not by my side and holding my hand.

Army_Vet60
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2022 11:30 AM

amicrazytoo wrote:

Army,

I feel the same. I'm not ready to die, but I also don't want to live without my soul mate. It has only been 9 months since my DH passed. I can not imagine 4 years. My thoughts are with you.

Jill

Hi Jill,

It's a terrible Limbo we are stuck in. 

The first year of grieving is very, very hard. I hope you've been able to get whatever help you need.  I needed about 18 months of therapy to get back on my feet.

It's incredible how the death on one person can change the whole world for someone else.

You are now in my thoughts as well.

Army_Vet60
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 9:22 AM

Today's the day...All I can do is take flowers to her and tell her how much I miss her.

File Attachment(s):
BIRTHDAY1.jpg (69115 bytes)
5wed5_3.jpg (53980 bytes)
chime.jpg (80307 bytes)

ladyzetta
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 1:59 PM

You are a cute couple, and she is a very pretty lady. Celebrate her life and the time you had with her. Hugs Zetta
Army_Vet60
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:22 PM

ladyzetta wrote:
You are a cute couple, and she is a very pretty lady. Celebrate her life and the time you had with her. Hugs Zetta
Thanks.  She was so beautiful, inside and out.
I brought her 13 roses today, one for each year we were together.

Hoot619
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 5:51 PM

It still can be a happy anniversary , you have the good memories of your life together from before and she isn't suffering any more.    It's been almost a month since Jan passed. I have been writing her a letter at camp letting her know how I am doing and how much I miss her.  I had to do this for my Dad when I was in treatment ,I lost him at a very young age.  It worked , I was able to talk to him and how much I missed him.

This was the second time I had to do this.  Lots of tears but it sure helps. At camp there is quiet, me and the dog and the one who  I miss so much.  I think the tears are washing away the sorrow I have. Leaving the good memories that I have to hold on to. Yes it is lonely at times but I can't isolate. I share with others, talk to my daughter 3-4 times a week. I see my son almost every day, I make my meetings and I've stayed sober thru all of this.  I'll play the song Honey after I finish this.