RSS Feed Print
National Alzheimer's Project Act Petition
Myriam
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 4:52 PM

From Alzheimer's Daily News:

(Source: Alzheimer's Foundation of America) - Let your voice be heard as you speak on behalf of Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their families to stop this insidious disease and provide support to caregivers who devote their lives to their loved ones with this brain disorder.

Now that our nation has released its first-ever National Plan to Address Alzheimer's Disease, as mandated under the National Alzheimer's Project Act (NAPA), we need to ensure that this movement continues - purposefully and aggressively. We need to ensure that funding and services bring this plan to life in order to truly impact the lives of Americans.

AFA's "NAPA Now" campaign is leading the charge toward that end goal. As part of our campaign, we are urging all stakeholders to sign the "Stop Alzheimer's Petition."

By signing the petition, you are telling policymakers that eradicating Alzheimer's disease has to be a priority and that support for education, training and long-term care services is necessary until we discover a treatment to prevent, reverse or cure this brain disorder.

Go to full story and sign the petition: http://www.alzfdn.org

Lisa428
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:12 PM

Myriam,

I'm confused.  Why would I want to sign a petition that says "Stop the National Alzheimer's project?"

Lisa

Myriam
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:03 PM

Hi, Lisa. Unfortunately, the persons who developed the ad used two different colors. "sign the" is in yellow and "Stop Alzheimer's Petition" is in blue. It would be easier to read the "sign the Stop Alzheimer's Petition" statement if it were written using only one color.
mish
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:22 AM

done and sent it to many people. Thank  you for bringing it to our attention.
Lisa428
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 12:34 PM

Myriam,

I am a dummy.  I don't seem to understand.  Wouldn't I want to sign a petition that says "Don't stop the National Alzheimer's Project Act?"

I need some help.

Thanks.

Lisa

Lane Simonian
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 1:00 PM

Good petition, confusingly written.  It is the "Stop Alzheimer's Petition." It is meant to keep pressure on to fulfill the commitment made in the National Alzheimer's Project Act.  Hope that helps.
Myriam
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 2:55 PM

Lisa428 wrote:

I am a dummy.  I don't seem to understand.  Wouldn't I want to sign a petition that says "Don't stop the National Alzheimer's Project Act?"

Lisa, you are no dummy!! Yes, you are right. The wording they used is awkward and confusing.