RSS Feed Print
on being own advocate
a_step@a_time
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:00 AM

i got severely sick with the flu (post exposure). (Feels herpetic).  I have felt like I had Alzheimers ever since. (My parent had alzheimers so I have some first hand knowledge). 

I'm trying to be my own advocate, especially trying to get antiviral to treat the viral onset.... but all my doctors are shutting me down. Why is this??

being undiagnosed I search for natural alternative treatments, most working better than others. It is very costly.  why aren't there any clinical studies for antiviral treatment of dementia.

Marta
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:42 AM

Step:  there are antivirals for influenza and for the herpes viruses. However, they are not effective after you are already three days into the illness.
TheSteven
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:46 AM

Hi Step,

Are you sure it is viral? It could be viral, bacterial, parasitic or mercury from amalgam dental fillings finally kicking in after the illness brought your other systems over the edge. In my own treatment, a member of my health care team used Electro Accupuncture according to Voll. Traditional medical science still doesn't acknowledge it but you have to remember that it took two centuries before they acknowledged that accupuncture works even though they admit they still don't really understand it. In my case there was some parasitic bacteria as well as mercury in my brain according to my EAV readings.

I had to take some homeopathic medicines to take care of the parasitic bacteria. You can read about my experiences in my blog. Have you looked into a mirror to check inside your own mouth for dark mercury dental fillings? If you have them, they may also be the source of your problems. See http://amalgam.org/education/scientific-evidenceresearch/results-removal-amalgam-fillings/ or

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Sep02/091602/80027dde.pdf

I have more links to this type of information about this in my July 4, 2015 blog entry at http://thestevenalztreatment.blogspot.com

Unforgiven
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:04 PM

Steven, I was at my dentist yesterday and asked about the mercury amalgam fillings issues.  The hygienist told me her husband was very allergic to mercury, can't have mercury fillings, and can't be in a house where an oldfashioned thermometer has been broken.  She also gave me another excellent reason for getting rid of your old amalgam fillings.  Mercury expands and contracts with changes in mouth temperature and over decades it will crack your teeth.  I'm looking at my first two crowns and possibly root canals, not because of any current decay, but because the old fillings cracked my molars.  That's a very good reason for replacing any fillings with the plastic composite they use nowadays.  Save your teeth, save your money over the long run, and save your brain.
a_step@a_time
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2016 12:02 AM

i disagree about the timing on antiviral treatment.  there are many people who take antiviral only when they feel a herpes breakout coming on.  and they say it works well.
The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:50 PM

Hi, an welcome forum.  An sorry you be having such trouble. 

Some thoughts from some one who had long history "mystery illness" an journey through doctor land...

Doctors need be have lab work they can point at give reas for rx's...so you job be get them labwork that be help you case.  They be more willing help you, if you can be help them check box they need be check...if that make sense, that be what I found. 

I had blood smear done...it show persistant viral activity as well.  An way...may be you can be get blood smear see if it be show viral activity...that would be help make you case??  Also a "CBC with Diff"...this will be show you white blood cell counts in percents active...an see if viral counts high...also could be help you case this.

The other thing you need be get, is referral for neuropsych test...this be 4 hour test an will help show you cognitive strength weaknesses.  THIS is what be show if you be have an form dementia....an it will also be help give you baseline...which will be needed later on for diagnosis. 

I firm believe my dementia be from autoimmune causes...but can no get help treat that eith. Seem so sensical logical me...but they just be have NO protocol for an kind of thought process that way (yet).  An I be no have words good nough an more make sound nough medical argument for why we should be caring more bout turning down my inflammation.

I would also be suggest consider find "integrative" doctor if you can be find one you insurance cover.  They be more open...they look at whole body an try be get root cause, try fix from bottom up.  You might find more help one them. 

It took me years years of doctors just be want focus my thyroid - me be patient their bad treatment...until I had finally amassed a threshold of abnormal results...when nough was nough me...an they slowly be start listen me.  But then I got new doctor...an eve thing changed.  I suggest keep doctor shop until you find one willing work with you.  I stuck with so many unhelpful doctors so long...new one real put perspective on it me. 

Hope some thing in that help.  Sorry my words be bad this day.  <3 

a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 12:34 PM

TThanku sun,

TThis website has issues.

II didgo to functional doctor. At least they LISTENED to me.  Told me I had hashimoto after tests but I don't know what that means.  I follow alzheimers medication avoidance recommendations as well try postherpetic diet and seem I have some good days.

a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 12:39 PM

EEven infectious disease doctor did not listn... refuse to test for anything!!  Who doesn't have some virus by mid life I thought. But he still refuse.  Insurance is worthless in this matter.  

II get mouth sores from caffiene. Trying dessicated thyroid but only worked short time.  Will do synthroid, then come back and try again.

AAlso I think it deals with lipid processing.  I am n pravastatin too and now have heart issues.

a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 12:44 PM

II try natural supplements as found on life extension article and get some help.  There studies stating antiviral clinicals should be tried for alzheimers but no study exists.  Is this treatment plan only for belks palsy... or special pay people?? 

I know herpetic I get mouth sores and they itch.  Docs don't give ongoing antiviral for viral stomatitis.     

a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 12:48 PM

TThese illness bankrupt and devastate families and caregivers. Is a sin that NO caregiver coverage on insurance!!  A friend has case worker for her other illness but I don't know if under insurance.

WWe don't matter.  Why are not 'prolife' people picketing for our lives?

a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 12:54 PM

SSorry frustrated with this website.  Everyhthing in life getting so difficult and no one cares.  my paersonality must be starting to change.  Else I get angry for being left out of possible Rx help. I hate being told by people they also have memory problems.  I want to know how they survive and function.  I have dyslexia like thinkingAnd high anxiety level.
a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 1:45 PM

a_step@a_time wrote:

TThanku sun,

TThis website has issues.

II didgo to functional doctor. At least they LISTENED to me.  Told me I had hashimoto after tests but I don't know what that means.  I follow alzheimers medication avoidance recommendations as well try postherpetic diet and seem I have some good days.

I lookup and beware of the anticholinergic medications... like benadryl and such.  I believe is using things in low dose to start because I'm sensative to medications.

a_step@a_time
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2016 1:56 PM

EExercise 20-40 mins per day helps, but with new heart issues I can't do it some days.

I had doctor try to deny me refill on Tramadol.... by saying not brain friendly... but this same doctor is denying my self diagnosis of Alzheimers!  :/