RSS Feed Print
I am still here
Lesley Jean
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:05 PM

It's been a while since I have been on. I guess it is too hard to get my butt in gear and see how everyone is doing. 

Last night, I learned a very dear friend of mine, lost her husband. He saved a young woman's life, stopped a robbery, but in the process was shot and killed. His wife had no warning, no sign. Their youngest is graduating from high school next month and her daughter will not have her dad walk her down the aisle when she gets married in June. How very sad! This should not have happened. He was only 55. 

I thought how blessed we were. We said our good byes. We were able to tell our LO's how much we love them, before the departed this earth. We were prepared as much as you can be prepared. My children are older, married, have careers and children of their own. 

I am trying to look at what time Jerry and I had, before he passed, as a blessing. I just had to write this today in hopes that it will help all of us to look at the positive. Today is our 6th month anniversary of his death. I miss him so much, but at least I was there, holding his hand, kissing his cheek and telling him it was ok to go. My friend, she only got a knock on the door. 

With love,

LJ

eaglemom
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 8:39 AM

Such a tragic senseless loss. Life is precious, this is an excellent reminder of that.

eagle