RSS Feed Print
My Mom passed away
MyLovelyMom
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:43 AM

My mom, passed away on Monday. She was such a beautiful, and giving woman.  I'm a little better today, than yesterday.  We are traveling on sunday to attend the funeral.

KML
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:54 AM

I am very sorry.  It is so very hard to lose people we love.  The only thing that brought some amount of comfort to me after losing my mom and dad to AD, was that they were not suffering anymore, realizing that there was no way they could continue living with AD and what the progression did to them.  They were better off, not suffering and at peace to hopefully live what I like to believe is eternally happy and living their healthiest, happiest times of their life once again.  I like to believe that I will see them again when I pass on.  That brings me comfort and I hope it will you, too. 

You will find that you will carry your mom's traits along with you in your heart.  You will see her in the things and people she loved and touched with her life.  She will be with you, everything she taught you, things she did for you, things she said to you, will take on a greater meaning to you.  She'll still be around you, she is part of you.

People pass through our lives, the good ones we are grateful and thankful for.

Grieving takes time, lots of it, please patient with yourself and allow yourself to go through the process.  Take care.

acb10
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:00 AM

I'm so sorry.  It's very hard to lose our mothers but know that she isn't struggling anymore with this disease and she will always be a part of you.   I lost my mother nearly 3 months ago.  Last week I said something to a perfect stranger and after the words came out of my mouth I said to myself "oh my god, I was my mother just then!".   it made me smile and there will be times when you will have such lovely memories and you will smile again.

Please come to this board, we are all going through the pain you feel and together we can help each other.

april

Veterans kid
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:45 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm glad you came here- we can relate to what you're going and will  be going through. 

It is hard- grateful she's free from this hateful disease, but it's though a part of you is gone. 

I lost my mom almost 21 years ago and my dad almost 4 months ago.  

Safe travels, and please check in when you can to let us know how you're doing, ok?

Sending you hugs and prayers-from one daughter to another,

Julie. Always be VK  

jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 6:59 PM

The road to this point has been hard ...the loss is perhaps harder. We understand and care. If you can, please let us know when the service is so that we can be with you.
caroli
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:15 AM

Perhaps this thought might help you.....Everyday I thank the good Lord that Mom is no longer bed bound and demented, grateful that she is walking and talking with a sharp clear mind to my brother and her siblings.  She had begged God to call her home and he did.  That keeps me from being overwhelmed by the sadness.  22 days and counting.
susanz
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 8:27 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and take comfort in knowing that your mom, like mine, is finally at peace.
rfrdaughter
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:04 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know that we are all here totally understanding and supporting you during this difficult time.  As others have said, wonderful for her, difficult for you.

Peace,

Meg

karriesue53
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2016 10:52 PM

My mom passed away 10 months ago and I cannot get past the horrible treatment that I got partly from the nursing home as per brothers' request, to not allow me to take mom out without one of their's permission. I live 5 hrs away and they made my visits there hell. My hands were tied as I was not looked at as family like  when I asked when she was getting her perm, that 'her  family' only wanted a certain stylist for her, like telling me I was not her daughter! .I was once told that when me or my sister visit, that he and other brother have to 'fix' her after we leave.This is only a fragment of what occurred. Me and most of my kids were never treated like family-mostly like outsiders. How do I deal with the anger yet of all this with them? There have been no apologies made from them and we do not communicate anymore. Sometimes one brother, gets a daughter 'on his side.' I am beyond sick of it all.