RSS Feed Print
A Year ago my life was so different
blfbrat
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:20 AM

Today, someone said, wow, you are so different than you were a year ago.  For several years I kept a diary of things going on with Jerry's health, after awhile dates and diseases and behavior were all running together.  I knew my life was different with out my Jerry.  A year ago, he was in the hospital and he was making some health care choices that were not in his best interest and he should not be making, so a year ago today, they had declared him mentally incompetent.  What a sad day for both of us that was.  I believe he is in a better place today,  I know I am.  I still miss Jerry.  

Ukie
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 10:38 AM

It was about this time last year that Kathy's decline started to accelerate. Kathy's passing is bitter sweet. I know that Kathy is in a better place but I'm still trying to find that part of me I lost when she died.
blfbrat
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:37 AM

but maybe the same can be said for the year before, he was better two years ago, still having issues, but I was not looking at the end so close to coming.  This whole thing is confusing,  still working on my normal.  

Hate being home alone, leaving the house at every opportunity.  

Lorita
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2016 8:59 AM

Hi,

A year ago or two years ago - we all look back to that time.  Just yesterday Sandy was saying that a year ago her husband was walking around and going to the store.  Two years ago Charles was pretty well physically and even a week before he got sick he was still able to go to the store with me and push the cart.  We all think about what was.

Blfbrat - you say you get out of the house every chance you get.  I'm just the opposite - I put off going anywhere as long as possible and when I do go I get enough groceries or whatever so I don't have to go again for quite some time.  We all deal with it differently.  I enjoy being with people but I enjoy the solitude more, just being alone and with the animals with an occasional visitor.  Guess that's what makes the world go round.