RSS Feed Print
Just checking in. Been awhile.
Linda Dianne
Posted: Saturday, July 8, 2017 4:09 PM

HI all.

It has been a rough almost three years since my loving husband went to heaven. I miss him so much. I have had to go back to work to support myself. I take care of older people in their home. First one I did was a man that had Alzheimers. That was not good for me. To soon. So now it is just women and not much health troubles. It was been ok but need more. So I am hanging in there. Hope you all are hanging in there. God bless you all.

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:12 PM

It is good to hear from you.
Veterans kid
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:30 AM

Linda, 

I'm glad you checked in.  I understand about not being ready for certain things.  I volunteer for hospice, and my first few patients didn't have Alzheimer's, but I've had a few since then. It's… Different, but I hope I am able to take what I have learned and make someone else's day a little bit brighter. Or easier, for them or their family. There is one  patient that I have-he's a Korean veteran like my dad was in his hands remind me so much of my dads. I have found myself consciously not looking at them.

Sending you lots of soft gentle hugs and keeping you in my prayers-God bless you too! 

Julie

Always be VK 

Lorita
Posted: Saturday, August 5, 2017 11:59 AM

Hi Linda Diane,

Good to hear from you.  I remember when I first joined you were among the first, if not the first, to welcome me and to answer questions.  I'm thankful I found this site.  I lost my Charlie Brown almost 31 months ago and it's still very hard to accept- if I ever do.

Take care and I hope it gets easier for you.

Needing Support
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:03 PM

Linda Dianne,

I am going through the first year without my DH Jim. I miss Jim terribly!!!

I hope and pray that things will get easier as time goes by, but I don't know since I have not been through the first year since Jim passed away on January 1, 2017.

I have talked and heard from Widows who have lost their spouse and some people say that the first year is the worst without your husband, where others say it is about the same or worse after the first year after your husband's passing since everyone goes through their own Grieving process differently.

Would like to connect with other Widows to find out if their Grieving process changes, stays the same, or gets worse, after the first year after their husband passed away.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hugs!

Needing Support