RSS Feed Print
Azeliragon Trials
charlie22
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 11:25 AM

I have been in the Azeliragon Trials for almost 2 years. I get tested routinely and my scores have not gone down at all. I am on the 2 years period after being in the trial for 18 months. Is there anyone else on this trial?
markus8174
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 9:15 PM

Wow, this sound like a very promising line of treatment. It's a shame it isn't an repurposed drug study. I'm afraid by time this drug is approved (pending positive results of trials) anyone reading this will be well beyond therapy. You are blessed to be part of such a promising trial. Unfortunately, my DW has multiple co-morbidities that exclude her from most clinical trials. Depression, diabetes, 70y/o, smoker, on both Aricept and Namenda XL for several years; nobody wants her in a study. There is too much in her history that can interfere with results.
Larrytherunner
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:37 AM

Azeliragon has become another Alzheimer's drug that has failed in clinical trials. VTV Therapeutics announced this week that this drug has missed both of its co-primary endpoints in phase 3 for patients with Alzheimer's. In fact, treated patients did worst in one of its endpoints than the placebo group.

I think that big pharma is now realizing that beta amyloid treatments may not be the answer, and that genetically modified mice are not a good model for Alzheimer's. In my opinion, treating inflammation that increases with age will lead to an effective treatment. 

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/vtv-s-azeliragon-fails-to-improve-alzheimer-s-symptoms-phase-3