RSS Feed Print
Local counsellor
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:05 AM
Joined: 8/2/2018
Posts: 1

I am looking for a counsellor for a friend who has recently been diagnosed with EO and is feeling depressed. She lives in Wimbledon, but could drive to someone nearby. Any recommendations? Or local knowledge of resources in SW London?
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:54 AM
Joined: 5/31/2015
Posts: 1156

I have no clue as I am in the USA but have you tried a department of aging or a mental health department at a local clinic or hospital?  They should be able to identify local agencies to check out.
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:52 AM
Joined: 4/22/2017
Posts: 321

Hi Notnuts,

Here is a link to the discussion board run by the Alzheimer's Society in the U.K.

It's a very nice forum and the posters appear to be knowledgeable and very friendly. I hope this helps.


Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:44 PM
Joined: 11/29/2011
Posts: 7035

Welcome to our world notnuts. I'm so glad you found us. The link to the British Alz. Society may be your best bet.  It is important that the social worker be a person who has also received dementia training. i have known several folks with Early Onset who felt they have benefitted.
Horse Lover
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:20 PM
Joined: 11/4/2017
Posts: 124

Look for Peter Berry on Facebook.  He lives in England and possibly close to London.  He also has EOAD and is very helpful toward people with the same disease.  If he doesn't know a doctor himself, he may be able to find more info to pass on.
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2018 7:23 AM
Joined: 11/30/2011
Posts: 3345

I hope it is not to late and you found someone. If not I hope this helps.


Call and leave a message on this charity phone 07895 787579 or an e mail as the web site is our charity one which is open to whoever needs support .


It is