RSS Feed Print
The Healing Process
fazedanddoncused
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 7:53 PM

It's been awhile since I posted.

Just observed the 8 month anniversary since my mom passed away. In that time my daughter and I activated our delayed intentions to relocate. It has helped the healing process, which is an ongoing process that involves setbacks inevitably. 

We now reside in Mountain Home, Idaho. 

Lovingher
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:48 PM

Glad you checked in and shared. I am still in the midst of the journey with my mom. Today was a hard day as her agitation and confusion was at an all time high. However, you reminded me to take a pause and cherish the time I still have left with her. Wishing you continued strength and peace in your healing journey.
abc123
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 12:37 PM

I’m sorry for the loss of your mother. I wish you and your daughter much happiness in your new home.
zauberflote
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:01 PM

I am sorry for your losses. Relocation has gone well, I hope
Janice.alone
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:16 PM

It has been 4 months since my mom passed.   I am finally getting to the point where I can start a project with the expectation of completing it within a reasonable time-frame.  ie:  a sewing project, bathing and grooming the dogs, mopping the floors, etc...   During her final year, I knew that if I started any of those projects, they would not be completed before I had to tend to another crisis of daily life for mom.   I was always nervous and on-edge expecting the next critical issue to be dealt with.   I couldn't calm down or concentrate on anything.   

I miss my mother, but I don't miss the hot mess she became because of dementia.  I'm relieved that she is at home now with Jesus.   It really has taken me awhile to adjust to that reality.  My husband and I are leaving in a week for the first vacation we've been able to take in a long time and really looking forward to it.