RSS Feed Print
Caregiving while under the weather is...
ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 10:22 PM

...NICE.  

Just love it.  Wouldn't you??

I mean, like, my muscles ache and ain't eating much today.  But, dad still got his Sunday Super Wash.

Actually, he was nicer to me today.....does he know??

Cleaning his ears was a success too!  Amazing.  Every week, we both hate that part of his grooming session.  This time he didn't fight me as much.

I wore a mouth mask all day.  I think something about that mouth mask made him treat me better.  He was nice most of the day.  Who knows.

At one point today I sat down and told him, "I'm really tired."

He said, "Go get some rest." 

How cute.

Lots of ginger tea, and I'm sure I'll be back to myself tomorrow!  Yee Haw!

Wish y'all a Merry Christmas and Wonderful New Year (next year will be really interesting).

Rudolf has a few days left!  Run!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVu4c7dhDRE

BethL
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 9:09 AM

Ruth, I hope you feel much better and I wish you a blessed Christmas and New Year. You are a hero, in the way you care for your dad!
ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 12:10 PM

Hi Beth.  I’m doing better and fighting the loose cough. Mornings are worse. But at least I don’t feel aches, so I’m much better.

Thank you Beth!

MissHer
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 8:18 PM

Merry Christmas to you Ruth and your smiling dad! Glad that you're feeling better.
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 10:30 PM

Thx Deb!
jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 7:10 PM

How are you???
ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:27 PM

Well..still kinda fighting this lingering cough, but it’s much less and I feel more energetic. This cold has taken longer than usual :o(
Mornings and evenings are worse, but I think by tomorrow or Saturday I’ll be clear.

Good thing dad has not caught anything and I’m keeping my mouth mask on.  I’m geared up in this war against germs! Aaarrrhhh!

Suziesb
Posted: Sunday, February 2, 2020 10:45 PM

I'll fill in that blank..... horrendous!

Well mom and I just completed a daunting, crazy week of both having Influeza A at the same time, and we survived somehow. She even had to be hospitalized. I really didn't think she was gonna make it, but her strong heart won. 

By paying the caregiver to come in over the weekend, I was able to get extra help, thank God. Otherwise I couldn't have done it alone. Seriously, worth every penny of paying for those dear girls to come in extra. One even helped me get her to the ED and then after discharge helped me get her back home again, reorganizing her bedroom most efficiently so it would be set up for her again but in a better way. So worth the money spent. 

Now if we can get rid of these pesky coughs for once and for all....