RSS Feed Print
Things that make me smile
LadyTexan
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2020 8:31 PM

Puppies. Puppy paws and puppy breath. Puppy curiosity. Puppy mischief. Snuggling with a puppy. Playing with a puppy until they tire out and peacefully sleep.
ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 10:40 PM

When my cat, Cookie, jumps and sits on the bar stool and waits for me to pass by her so she can hit me with her paw to remind me she’s hungry.
ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 10:43 PM

Last Sunday I walked out of my dad’s bedroom and told him in English, “I’ll be right back.”

He said, “Ya no vuelves!”  Translate- “DON’T COME BACK!”

I thought that was funny. And he’s still bilingual...cute

abc123
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:50 PM

Dear Ladytexan, I certainly hope you have a puppy and if not, I hope you can borrow one for a visit! Your post made me smile!

Ruth, your Dad made me laugh! DONT COME BACK! HAHA! He's a character!:

1esse1ane
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:52 PM

Puppy yawns, the way they get settled and they lick their lips. Always 3 times. I volunteer dog walking at our local Humane Society and they all do the same thing! Or what we call boo boo puppy eyes that we get when near their treats and the little bit of tongue hangs out a little bit.
Jen20
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:36 AM

Something that made us all laugh...

My mother is in the more advanced stages of dementia per her doctors, but every now and then, she will say something that makes us nearly lol. Of course, we contain ourselves, and then go laugh in another room so we don't cry about it all! Anyway, she lives with us and we sometimes ask our son (Sam) to help out when we are in a bind (he is 21). Sam had watched her most of the day and had actually just taken her to the bathroom and got her back into her "chair" when my husband came home. 

Husband: Barbara, how was your day?

Barbara: Good.

Husband: What's Sam been doing? 

Barbara: I don't know. I haven't seen him!!! 

I hope this gives some a smile today. It is my first post. Am trying to focus on the bright spots in this journey and humor certainly helps. It is sad seeing the physical and mental changes, but the ups and downs (being somewhat with it one day and not at all the next) is a challenge for me at this point.

Jo C.
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 8:46 AM

Babies, Toddlers, and Children.  Cuddling, rocking a little one in a rocking chair, reading storybooks to them, playing with children, singing songs with children and lullabies with babies.  From a distance just watching little children play and listening to their conversations which are so sweet from their points of view; tucking them in at night; making cookies with them, making little surprises for them, listenng to them as they tell me what interests them or is important to them; laughing with them, being the tooth fairy for them, and being Santa Claus for them and watching their joy; did I mention cuddling?  Lots and lots of cuddles.   Anything with infants, toddlers and children.  What blessings they are and how I miss having them around me.

J.

LadyTexan
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:39 PM

I saw a puppy today. If not for COVID19, I would have scooped him up and stole some puppy kisses.

The isolation and the world events are weighing heavy on me. I thought I was handling everything okay, but a couple of weeks ago, I was almost non-functional. I am getting back on my feet and look forward to future play dates with puppies.