RSS Feed Print
While I am use to being home most of the time.
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:46 PM

This is starting t drive me crazy. I at least had some of my advocacy to keep me going and that is also gone. After all of this ends not sure how much of it is coming back. I think so many people will be hurting when we go back to normal if you can call it that. Not sure what will happen . Kind of hard to think about when I though I knew many of the answers. I think so many priorities will change and it will have lasting impacts on dementia and other things.  

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 1:10 AM

Ironically, I am appreciating the stay at home mandate.  I am realizing how much outside activities interfere with my IADLs.  At the same time, I also appreciate the reason we are enduring this type of mandate.  

Our stay at home order has been extended until May 15th, more than one month away.  Our newspaper compared this to the 1918 influenza epidemic.  Isolation and face masks were the only treatments then.  Many died.  But we got through it.  We will get through this too.  The curve is beginning to flatten.  Every day I pray for a swift resolution to this viral plague and return to normal life.

Iris

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 8:37 AM

The good news about it is I have been on a diet for the first time in my life and lost about 10 pounds in 2 months. Need to lose 3 more and I am done. I will be the lowest in 15 or more years I think and lost some waistline which is what I was trying to do. Not going out has helped.  

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 11:15 PM

Good for you, Michael!  I think many people will gain weight from anxious snacking and comfort foods.  When all of this started in mid-March, I had enough food to last me until the end of April.  It looks like I will have to do some major marketing because I don't want my supplies to run out. I have always tried to keep one month ahead regarding supplies, since I never knew when I wouldn't feel well enough to shop. Now I feel well, but the access is limited.  I no longer eat fresh produce unless it has a peel; I eat only canned or frozen foods.

Iris