RSS Feed Print
45th wedding anniversary Tuesday
Crushed
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:06 PM

On Tuesday I  celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary.  She will not remember it or me in the slightest but I can still do something special.  I will make a Favorite lunch (baked salmon) and deliver it to the facility with  the nicest fruit juice I can find.  A balloon would be nice and she has her birthday tiara 

I went to the bank yesterday to arrange her Social security account.  I wore my mask and fresh gloves and we had a private office and a big acrylic screen.  But it still took an hour. I felt the risk every moment. But it was for DW.

It's well over a year since I had the slightest thought that we were still "married" in any way that meant anything to her.  I know peopls's opinion on marriage differs and I have my own beliefs.   NOTHING makes it easier.  She was my princess and my life and she is gone.  I will spend the next few days thinking the most positive thoughts I can.  I didn't give her this disease.   All our life together I tried to protect her and support her and help her reach for the stars.  It was a good and happy and productive life together.   I watch my daughters be fabulous  mothers and workers during this quarantine and I know they are her huge accomplishment.  She showed them how to do it and they learned.,     

I will facetime and play our music , perhaps she will nod a bit to the music,

Ed1937
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:41 PM

Happy anniversary. I wish it could be better, with both of you celebrating with meaning.
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:58 PM

We are living in a world that only science fiction writers could come up with. That on top having to loose our loved ones day by day. Surreal.

She will enjoy the salmon made with so much love and I bet if your song has words and you sing she will join in on some level.

Recalling happy memories is good. Doing that brings a smile to my face but it never fills the hole. I think all we can do is make the best of the situation which on a scale of 1-10 and sometimes it is just a 1.

45 years, children and grandchildren  is something to celebrate. We will of course be celebrating with you so please make enough salmon.

Joe C.
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 5:58 PM

I am sure you will make the day very special for her and she will appreciate that. I hope you may find joy in the day.
RachelC
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 8:06 PM

Happy anniversary, Crushed. Thank you for sharing.
abc123
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 8:50 PM

Happy anniversary to you Crushed. I truly wish things were different for all of us. My Parents celebrated their 60th last July. My mom was with us physically, looking back that was a blessing in itself. I hope Mrs Crushed is doing well.
SSHarkey
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:36 PM

A bittersweet moment. More and more. You’re a good man and a good husband and father. Hold on to the knowledge that once it’s safe to be together you still have your daughters and grands to share life with. Your princess is gone but her children are there waiting for you. Her legacy, your legacy, who love you very much. The end of one passage and the continuation of the next. Good to see you back. We were getting concerned.
Crushed
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2020 6:50 AM

abc123 wrote:
Happy anniversary to you Crushed. I truly wish things were different for all of us. My Parents celebrated their 60th last July. My mom was with us physically, looking back that was a blessing in itself. I hope Mrs Crushed is doing well.

DW  always kept her own name and disliked the Mrs Crushed title.    At a meeting a slightly snotty character  said "I see you and your husband have different names ,do you go by Ms or Mrs?  "  She looked at him and said "I go by DOCTOR  

And DOCTOR Princess she is to this day.  I still get mail to Dr. and Mr Princess

elainechem
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2020 7:03 AM

Happy anniversary! I stopped trying to make any special days special after his second year with the disease. He just couldn't remember the dates and he never seemed to appreciate any efforts I put forth. For him, the important part was keeping his days as routine as possible. He truly enjoyed walking and going on car rides, so I made those things happen as much as possible.
ladyzetta
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2020 10:13 AM

Happy Anniversary Crushed to you  and the Doctor. Hugs Zetta
LadyTexan
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:01 AM

Happy Anniversary dear crushed. You are in my thoughts. Sending a cyberhug your way.
38Winks
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:02 AM

Happy Anniversary! Your plan sounds full of love. The best you can give her.  Treat yourself well too.
amicrazytoo
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:34 AM

Happy Anniversary Crushed - Thursday I will celebrate our 32nd anniversary. This year, there really will be no celebration. Last year, he just looked at the card I bought him, it still sits on his dresser in the bedroom. I have no idea what he thought or thinks about it. One thing he does remember is his son's birthday May 31, we lost his son 28 years ago, he remembers both of those events.

abc123
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2020 10:55 AM

Crushed, I saw your post about 3 patients having the virus at the facility where your DW is. Please know that you, she and your family are still in my prayers. Sending good wishes to your Doctor Princess.

Take good care of yourself, please and thank you!