RSS Feed Print
almost a year
toni2
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:16 AM

Next month it will be a year since my DH died. I still miss him but I wouldn't want him back as he was in so much pain. I now remember some of the joy we had together instead of all his sadness and pain. I know life goes on. I have the chance to laugh. It feels good to laugh.
TessC
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:59 PM

Hugs to you on the first anniversary of your dear husband's passing. I'm happy to hear you are laughing more and recalling the good times you shared with your husband.

I have placed fresh flowers weekly on the shelf I have some of my mom's ashes and will do it for a year. I hope in a year I will always be able to smile whenever I think about mom, and not be sad. I hope you also will have more smiles in the days, months and years to come.

That is a very nice picture of your husband.

Jo C.
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2020 5:36 AM

Dear Toni, I remember you so well.   It is hard to believe that it has already been a year since your DH passed. 

It is really good to hear from you and also good to know you have found smiles and a bit of laughter.

With warm thoughts being sent your way,

J.

toni2
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2020 9:55 AM

Thank you both for your kind words. Tess I hope you too will remember only good things.

Jo C

I think of the many kind words you sent my way. I know I would not have been able to go through this with out the support of the people here. I pray they find a cure soon. I was surprised when the death cert. said end stage dementia was his cause of death. I was told they didn't like to put that down for the cause.

Thank you once again for you kind words. I will never forget the people here.

Toni

CaregiverSon
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020 2:26 PM

I'm so happy to read that you are able to laugh and your mourning has evolved into happy memories.   This week will be 3 years that I lost my mom to Alz. after a 13 struggle through it - funny I had thought it was two years until I just made sure before writing this reply.  But I know what you mean about not wanting them back to live through that illness again, especially the final year.   Many days I find myself missing mom and wishing she was back, then I immediately realize I would not bring her back to that final year for her sake.  Keep smiling, keep laughing, it is good to laugh, it is healing to laugh. :o)
toni2
Posted: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:17 AM

Thanks for your understanding and care. I'm sure your mother knew how much you loved her. Yes we must remember the good things and be thankful for the time we had with them. Photos have been a blessing to me. I am putting them in books so the children have them. Take care.

Toni