RSS Feed Print
Do Guardian Angels Exist?
Army_Vet60
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 11:53 AM

I've wondered about it ever since Sandy died.

My wife saw a woman standing by her right side.

Sandy didn't know who she was, just that she was going to take her to The Place where "she could walk and do things again."

I felt compelled to write a tribute to whoever came for my wife at the end.

THE GUARDIAN ANGEL

Although I never saw Her

She stood beside my wife

As days became the hours

And hours became the minutes

And minutes signaled an end.

Although I never saw Her

My wife called her as friend

And said that She would take her

To where she’d walk again.

Although I never saw Her

She stood there through twelve nights

As light became the dusk

And dusk became the dark

And the dark signaled an end.

Although I never saw Her

I saw my wife’s departing smile,

A smile that signaled an end,

And though I never saw Her

Everyday I thank that Friend.

03/06/21 

shardy
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 2:49 PM

You have touched upon something that leaves me.. Not wondering, but perhaps perplexed,.

When Mom was in assisted living she said she needed to speak with me one day. She told me her husband and daughter (both of whom had passed had been to see her).... Mom never had hallucinations and knew they had both passed.. 

She wanted to know what I thought of that... I asked what they had said and was surprised the only thing her daughter said was that she would die soon.. And the only thing her husband said was do not be afraid, it would be ok...

I carefully chose my words and said only that I thought her husband was a very wise man..  Which was true....

I was with her when she passed two days later... Them telling her was the only sign of her passing coming...... ( and I secretly wondered if this was the beginning of hallucinations or was it somehow real)

A year or so later I was with my SIL who had COPD. She was very lucid with no mental problems at all... Her daughter, mother and aunt all came to see her.. All had passed... They wanted her to go with them..... She refused and ended up in an argument I could obviously hear only one side of.. She pointed her finger and argued with them but in the end agreed to go... She passed shortly thereafter...

I have been with multiple people who have passed and it seems they all have someone to show them the way..with some it is family, with some it is strangers..But always they are trusted and loving...

Yes, I believe you could call them angels... Perhaps not the winged, halo wearing ones we have been taught to expect.... But perhaps the real ones..the ones that are there when we can't be... The ones that help to lead our loved ones to safety and security in whatever comes next..

Army_Vet60
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2021 3:46 PM

Shardy,

Thank you for sharing that. I'm spiritual but not religious in the "wings and halo wearing angels' sense. My wife's experience really opened my eyes to things I wasn't sure were possible.

I agree with you that it seems the lucky ones have someone comforting come them in the end.

My wife told me clearly it wasn't a family member or a friend. Even though she had ALZ and no memory by the time of her dying, I believed her because she said it so clearly.  My wife had a complicated relationship with her parents. I wasn't surprised it wasn't her mother.

Sandy's "angel" may always be a mystery to me, but I am hoping Sandy can introduce me to Her when I wind up on the other side.

Thank you again for posting!

TessC
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2021 2:58 PM

Love this poem! You asked if guardian angels exist and in my opinion, they do. I had a NDE over 40 years ago and I saw a presence in golden light that radiated not just light, but love, a love that I felt on my "body" like I would feel rain hitting my body now. It was blissful-wonderful-and I was so happy to be there. I hope that is what death will be like for me-I'll be happy like that again. I'll be home.
Army_Vet60
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2021 1:52 PM

TessC wrote:
Love this poem! You asked if guardian angels exist and in my opinion, they do. I had a NDE over 40 years ago and I saw a presence in golden light that radiated not just light, but love, a love that I felt on my "body" like I would feel rain hitting my body now. It was blissful-wonderful-and I was so happy to be there. I hope that is what death will be like for me-I'll be happy like that again. I'll be home.
Hi Tess, what does NDE mean?  It sounds like you had a really profound visit early in your life.
I think you got to see what we all hope the end will be like. The only thing you didn't get to see 40 years ago was the face of your visitor.

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2021 5:32 PM

Army_Vet, I believe NDE refers to a Near Death Experience.

I'm glad to see that you're still writing your lovely poems. It's always a joy for me to log in here and see one of yours.

Keep on with the keepin' on.

Chris

Army_Vet60
Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 5:00 AM

chrisp1653 wrote:

Army_Vet, I believe NDE refers to a Near Death Experience.

I'm glad to see that you're still writing your lovely poems. It's always a joy for me to log in here and see one of yours.

Keep on with the keepin' on.

Chris

Ref NDE, that makes sense thank you!
I'm happy to hear my poems are reaching someone in a positive way. I feel like I still have some usefulness on this forum.

SunnyBeBe
Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 2:00 PM

I love the poem.  I believe for sure.

I've heard that no one dies alone.  Someone comes for them.  That brings me comfort, since I was not by my LO"s side when she passed away.  There were staff from the MC though and that she was peaceful.  That helps. 

KawKaw
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 6:57 PM

I cannot know.

I hope guardians exist, though.

I hope my mother and all others close to me who have died had help and comfort I did not perceive.

TessC
Posted: Saturday, March 13, 2021 7:52 PM

Army_vet. You are correct, I saw no face, but I did get a message and it was:

I Love you, I always have Loved you and I will Love you no matter what. And I ask that you love others as I Love you.

To me those words could have only come from the Creator.