RSS Feed Print
I lost my COVID weight
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2021 8:56 PM

I gained a lot of weight after the lockdowns; fortunately I have been able to lose it.  I heard on the radio this morning that people have gained 30-40 lbs on average!  This is terrible!  As if COVID were not bad enough.  

Also, I took my second COVID vaccination today.  After two more weeks, I'll be out of COVID jail. 

Iris

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2021 5:53 AM

Great for you. I get my second in a two weeks. I will soon be free.
Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2021 3:50 PM

Some people are wary of side effects from the booster second shot.  I don't look at it as side effects, but as evidence that my body's immune system is responding as expected to the COVID challenge.  

About 12 hours after I was vaccinated, I began to experience chills and low grade fever, body aches and GI rumblings.  I slept poorly.  I couldn't eat, taking only water.  After about 18 hours I felt better enough to have some soup.  By the next morning (today), I felt back to normal.  

This post-vaccination syptomatology was bad enough for 24 hours; I definitely don't want to get the full COVID illness!

Some people take acetaminophen to avoid reactions, but I did not.  I did not want to impede my body's full response to the vaccine.  

Iris

tjrjr
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2021 4:58 PM

I have put on 35 lbs since November and finally started to lose a pound or two this week. DW and I get first COVID shots Wednesday. Hopefully the world can get back to some since of sanity before the mental stress becomes overwhelming.
KawKaw
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2021 6:36 PM

Congratulations!

I am pleased on your behalf.
Hooray also for getting your vaccinations!  The world will be opening up for you soon.
I am eligible, but there are no appointments to be had.  Our main distributor was out of vaccines for over two weeks and is just now slowly ramping up again.