Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Busy Box
Internal Administrator
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:32 PM

Originally posted by: Rita

I have been searching my mind for something my husband would be interested in, he is 76 and worked since he was 11 years old and nothing had an inkling of interest. I bought a "Busy Box", from an AD web site, it has 6 openings and 6 different latches. He took to it right away, and picked it up and messed with it instead of the arm of the chair off and on all day. Hurray! At one point he picked it up and started to get up out of his chair and I asked him where he was going and he said to work, I told him we had to wait because I had sent the car out to be washed! That was just fine. It was expensive but very nicely made and just wait until the grandsons, 4 and 5, see it!!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Bill

Handyman's BoxHandyman's Box

The Alzheimer's Store has two of these boxes, a small and a large with different number of options. Check it out.

Peace,
Bill
Anonymous
Originally posted by: leese

quote:
Originally posted by Rita:
I have been searching my mind for something my husband would be interested in, he is 76 and worked since he was 11 years old and nothing had an inkling of interest. I bought a "Busy Box", from an AD web site, it has 6 openings and 6 different latches. He took to it right away, and picked it up and messed with it instead of the arm of the chair off and on all day. Hurray! At one point he picked it up and started to get up out of his chair and I asked him where he was going and he said to work, I told him we had to wait because I had sent the car out to be washed! That was just fine. It was expensive but very nicely made and just wait until the grandsons, 4 and 5, see it!!

Anonymous
Originally posted by: Cindy V.

Oh, man! What a bummer!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: clbish

Does anyone know if you can still buy the Busy Box, and from where? This sounds like something my father would like.

Thanks
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Theresa T

quote:
Originally posted by Bill:
Handyman's BoxHandyman's Box

The Alzheimer's Store has two of these boxes, a small and a large with different number of options. Check it out.

Peace,
Bill

Thanks for that link! My mom is late stage, and we fight for ways to entertain her. She doesn't read, and sleeps most of the day, but it looks like some of these videos could be good. She loves babies, so I think I will start with that one!
Anonymous

Thanks Cindy but the next day he wouldn't even touch it and hasn't since!! He tried to give it to the respite worker! Oh, well, the search goes on.
Anonymous

Thanks Anne J, I will try again but we have had a lot of problems lately and he has been sleeping a lot. I will put it out for tomorrow and see what happens.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: saamm

Re: Busy Box. Consider putting it totally out of sight for a week and only bring it out one day a week. Maybe it will be "like new if he only sees it occasionally.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Anne J

Rita,

Try and reintroduce the box every now and then. You might get the same positive response if your bring it out once a week or so.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Cindy V.

Rita,

It was wonderful that you finally came across something to keep your husband's attention and keep him occupied. Hooray for you....for continuing to search
Anonymous

Thanks Cindy, I had to take it out of the room, but I am sure my grandsons will have fun with it!!

× Close Menu