Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
re: Calms Forte for Coffensnob
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 2:39 AM

Originally posted by: mamapookie

Was wondering if Calms Forte was taken with anything else? How long before trying it did it work and how long was your mom off the other meds?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: PKerr

Bach Flower Remedies were a lifesaver for me after my mom died and I swear by them (So much so that I'm now undergoing a year long training about them). Just wanted to add that Rescue Remedy also comes in a skin creme.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: BensonsSyndromeQuest

How is your husband doing? My husband was diagnosed with Posterior Cortical Atrophy this year. I would like to hear more about your situation.

quote:
Originally posted by Lani:
You're welcome Zoey!! I am really psyched about this stuff. I am seeing pretty dramatic changes in my hubby. Of course, we still have our bad days, but he is more alert and responsive and less aggressive. Good luck to you, friend!! lk

Anonymous
Originally posted by: jamesperterson

I haven't seen it, but that sounds great! I've always had a hard time with regular calms forte. Hard little pills that you can't give with food? PLEASE mom? Treats? Somewhere? Medicines with no treats? MOOOOM!

http://allnutri.com/pid1795/calms+forte.aspx
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lani

I have not seen any improvement using Calms Forte ... with either my husband or me ... for sleeping. Haven't tried it for general calming effect. I have used Rescue Remedy, but now have him on a homeopathic remedy called Stramonium. This is supposed to be for restlessness. Does it work ... don't know, but he is a lot more pleasant and responsive and alert now that I have taken him off the meds.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: lostfriend

I give calms forte to my toddler all the time. Works great!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ZOEY M

Lani....thx so much....I found out my local HEALTH FOOD STORE carries these.....your post really has helped........thx friend....zoey m
(same price as web-site).....again...thx
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Steph7

I tried Rescue Remedy. It works!!! My mom calms down within 1/2 hour. How often do you give it to your mom? What else have you had success with? Thank you for sharing.
Anonymous

I went to a Naturopath, but also went online and got some Calms Forte and some Bach's Flower Rescue Remedy. As coffeesnob said, 4 drops of Rescue Remedy in whatever they are drinking works quite well to calm them. I notice the change in my husband within 10-15 minutes. BTW, one lady I work with was under a lot of stress at work last week and I had the Rescue Remedy with me ... 4 drops in her water and she calmed right down. She loved it. I have also taken it if I see myself losing patience with my hubby. I haven't seen much of a difference with Calms Forte, but that's us. Since starting homeopathic treatment, I have taken my husband off ALL meds - Aricept, Namenda and Seroquel (with doctor's approval). Everybody is different, so there is no one answer for everyone. I kinda feel like this is an incurable disease so anything I can do to make him more comfortable, I will try. Doctor finally gave us a diagnosis this week - PCA - Posterior Cortical Atrophy. Symptoms started in fall of 1996 ... 10 years for a diagnosis ... no wonder I am willing to try alternatives!! Good luck with your attempts!
Anonymous

I went online to www.homeopathyworks.com. I have trouble going to the store as I am the sole caregiver for my husband and he cannot stand on his feet for long. I worry about the dianoses ... or should i say MIS-diagnoses! Who eer knows??? Take care, Zoey!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ZOEY M

Lani...can these products be purch. in a health food store? Do you have on-line address? I would like to try anything else, this Risperdal scare is haunting me......... Thanks friend.
zoey
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Johanna C.

Please do not start OTCs, homeopathic or otherwise OR stop prescribed meds without a doctors input/oversight. While we would never intentionally do anything harmful, there are very real ramifications of doing this as well as long term effects that may not show up until long into the future.

We also have to remember that even the most innocuous sounding meds, OTC or otherwise, can cause negative effects on existing medications. As lay people, we just don't have the knowledge or expertise that physician's do.

I don't know how much of the substances there are in this med, but some of the listed ingredients (online) are interesting.

Primary axiom: "First, do no harm." No matter the age of the person from infancy to very old age, consult your physician first.

Johanna C.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Filomena

Since I personally have trouble sleeping, I tried the Calms Forte and it did not do anything for me, I wonder why?
Filomena
Anonymous

You're welcome Zoey!! I am really psyched about this stuff. I am seeing pretty dramatic changes in my hubby. Of course, we still have our bad days, but he is more alert and responsive and less aggressive. Good luck to you, friend!! lk
Anonymous
Originally posted by: coffeesnob

sorry I have not logged in here for awhile.

My mother gets 2 doses of 2 calms forte, at sundowning hours, 5 and 7pm. She is also on Rescue Remedy PRN, and 3 doses of Nervoheel by Heel. It has now been almost 2 years, and for the most part she is blissful, kept her weight up, certainly suffering from dementia, but she is happy, does not swear, or have behaviors as she had before. I was blessed with a NP, that connected with me on NOT OVER-DOPING. I am blessed by the success of these homeopathics.

× Close Menu