Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Overcoming anxiety of going to appointments
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:52 PM
Originally posted by: Rose_Ro

That's nice Smiler A woman I know told me she makes sure she jokes with her mom when getting ready to go to doctors. I love that idea, because I can get nuts. It helps me be calm.

I have been wanting my mom to get her hair cut for so long. I know she gets anxiety. So I told her, you know, I think they really WANT you to come in, they know you have been wanting to get your hair cut!

I told her, I call so often, they know my voice (I call to get a certain person's hours, so we can try to get in.)

It worked Smiler Will have to use it again.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Johanna C.

How very clever and creative of you! Thank you for sharing that.

I would love to see you write this on the Caregiver's Forum where many more people will see your wonderful idea - it could be a significant help to many.

What a loving person and terrific advocate you are for your loved one!

Johanna C.
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: Suzanne A.

Hello everyone. My Mom has become more and more anxious about going to Dr. Appointments and other trips. I take loads of photos and decided to ask each of Mom's doctors and nurses if I could take a photo of them with Mom. I show her these photos before we go or when we are talking about her different people who help. She appears more at ease and the Docs, etc. don't seem to mind their pictures being taken.

Another thing I do with the pictures I've taken around the yard and house is to show Mom the pics and have her try to recall what the item is and where it is located around the house and yard. Great conversation starters as well.
Hugs to all.
Suzanne

× Close Menu