Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
THE MALL
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 2:36 AM

Originally posted by: Christy1117

Grandma has been doing great as of lately I hope I dont not juks myself!

On Sunday I took her to our local mall which is her favorite it's one of the largest indoor malls in Southern California. She walked the entire time stopped 2 times for a sit down break road the merry-go-round she use to take us kids on when we were little. The very young girl charged us the childs price pointing to grandma's walker and just smiled. so we rode for $1 grandma loves a bargain the music was from little mermaid and she was so happy. next stop her favorite place Sees Candy where she order a 2lb box. We did more shopping and then onto lunch at a place where she, my mom (whos passed away 8 years a go from cancer and I use to go for lunch every time we would go to the mall) She was just taking in all the changes to the restuarant and we shared a lunch and dessert.

As of that trip she has eaten every meal had a snack here and there ate her chocolate, has not mentioned needing to go home to her house (even though she is ate her house) Gone to bed without any issues and has slepted +12 hours

I feel blessed she told me that mall trip did her good makes me feel like im back to normal.

So once a week we are going to go to the mall. This week its the other mall not as fancy but the have a Sees candy store.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: geegee

Christi, it made me feel good to read your story. I don't even like the malls...and you made me feel like it could be a wonderful experience if I went with you and your grandma! Smiler

It is so sweet of you to take her to do what she loves. Thank you for sharing your story and for giving something so special to your dear Grandma.

I think I will go to Sees Candy next time myself. Maybe I can have more fun too. Wink
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Betty's Girl

Christy,
Thanks for your tips and sweet story. That's the stuff that keeps me going. Your Grandama is blessed to have you, but I also suspect it was her caring for you way back when, that helped mold you into the caring person you are now. Keep up the great work!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Johanna C.

Dear Christy: What a wonderful and heart warming story - thank you very much for sharing.

You are a terrific and thoughtful caregiver and the joy you created in your loved one was marvelous and it seems as though it also brought joy to your heart. She is blessed to have you by her side.

By the way, I am also a Sees Candy aficianado. Love that candy and for me, it beats all other specialty chocolate stores. Good for Gran!

I hope that your next mall trip is as serendipitous as this one was.

You are awesome!

Johanna C.

× Close Menu