Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
A Violet For Remembrance- Helping The Cause
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:02 AM

Originally posted by: Sarahdipiti

Hello Everyone,
My heart truly goes out to each one of you who is suffering or who knows of someone who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. I know exactly what each and every one of you is going through and I would like to share my story with you.

My mother passed away from Alzheimer’s disease 3 years ago and her death had a profound affect on my life. There is not one day that goes by that I do not think of her. I miss here terribly.
After her passing I became very determined and devoted to help find a cure for this horrific disease. I wanted to do my part to help those individuals, families, friends, relatives and caregivers by raising awareness and funds to help the Alzheimer’s Association Care and Support Programs with finding a cure. I was just not sure how.

After much thought and careful consideration about the type of project I wanted to do, I decided to design a bracelet in memory and in honor of my mother called Violets for Spring.

For the past 2 years, I have been working closely
With my local Alzheimer’s Chapter (MA/NH) donating a portion of sales
from these bracelets and other jewelry items from the Violets line to Alzheimer’s Research and Support Programs.

These bracelets have sold all over the country and I have received so many positive letters and emails from people offering their own stories and telling me what a difference I am making to their lives. In addition, my town paper did a story on my project and Alzheimer’s Centers have invited me to there facilities.

Because of the success from this project and the money I have raised I am trying to expand my efforts to inform the public about these bracelets and bring this project to a national level.

Finding a cure for Alzheimer’s disease is very important to me. This effort is truly coming from the bottom of my heart. I sincerely want to help give back to those that have helped me while at the same time help find a cure for this debilitating disease one bracelet at a time.

If anyone would like to help give this project national attention /or is interested in purchasing one of these Violets for Spring Memory Bracelets you may go directly to my website www.sarahdipiti.com. They also may be seen on the Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH chapter’s website under shop. I may also be reached through email at sarah@sarahdipiti.com

My thoughts and prayers are with each one of you.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Sarahdipiti
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Bela

How do we know when one is dying from Alz? My mom is sleeping alot and gets very snappy if you try to wake her. She has poop explosions. When will I know the end is growing near? Please help. Bela
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Mimi S.

Sarah, Good luck in our endeavor.
I'm glad you included your chapter. It gives us a way to verify your project.

And Bela,

There is a booklet called "Hard Choices for Loving People" that can be downloaded from the internet to help you make decisions. Many members have gotten help from this booklet. Here is a link:
http://www.hardchoices.com/

× Close Menu