Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Homeopathics are our success story!
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:32 AM

Originally posted by: coffeesnob

I wrote on this forum over a year ago, about how we implemented a combination of Homeopathics for my mother who is in a secure floor at a Nursing Home with Dementia/Alz. Quick history, the dementia was getting worse and worse, my mother was very agitated, swearing alot, biting, had no idea where she was- so bad we ended up taking her to what I call a Geriatric Horror Hospital ( AKA or DBA Northeast Medical Center in NC); where they outfitted her with a Merry Walker ( who uses these anyways?) and then proceeded to give her 10 or was it 20mg of Zyprexa( using an unbreakable quick ZYDIS form- we will never know how much they really gave her- it's inconsistent on the records and bills), and Ativan. Of course at that point they said she was fully cooperative. Knowing this was sick and pharmeceutically abusive, we had to bite the bullet as we had brought her there. Needless to say they released her back to us, and we moved her Midwest far away from the Horror hospital, to a regular nursing home. She was first placed in the most severe, final stages floor. Luckily the practitioner we had chose was open to other ideas. Having to give up the Merry Walker ( again who uses these?), she started with her normal walker, but her balance was getting worse and worse, ( Zyprexa side effect). We first implemented 2 daily doses of a product called Calms Forte, it's a baby-dose homeopathic for colic, and crabby babies and had it scheduled for her sundowning times. Seemed to put the sundowning by the clock at rest. But sooner than not, she started having really bad falls, her legs became so rigid. Rigidity, again-big side effect of Zyprexa. Bad fall one night so bad, cracked her head open. Practitioner DC's immediate the Zyprexa and Ativan. We immediately start a product called Nervoheel. And we also start using Bach Flower Rescue Remedy. Afer writing all this a year ago, I encountered so so many pro-drug people on this forum, that could not even tolerate the thought that this might be working for someone. I hate to disappoint them, but it's still working, and my mother no longer lives on the sad pergatory floor, she has been promoted to a floor, still that is secure, but people are more cognitive. It's quite rare for people to move up from the one floor. And as for her baseline behavior compared to a year ago... no swearing, no biting, she is blissful. Nothing like what she was a year ago. It's all documented, She plays bingo now, she participates in sing alongs, and smiles most of the time. Sure, everyonce in awhile she has moments of agitation, that are easily, and I quote easily modified, by a few doses of Rescue Remedy that goes into any beverage she is drinking. You see by the story, where my mother was..and where she is now. The disease is still taking her away, no doubt, but we have been able to control all the bad behaviors, and bad symptoms with to some here almost inate substances. This proves to me, that one has to not always look at the biology of the disease but sometimes the spiritual breakdown before condemning homeopathy as "not viable". To people with this disease, with bad behaviors and symptoms sometimes there is other choices besides doping someone into ( what the horror hospital called cooperative) but what I called a drugged zombie!! Everyone should look at all choices. This truly is a great story of success.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Jaye523

quote:
Originally posted by coffeesnob:
I wrote on this forum over a year ago, about how we implemented a combination of Homeopathics for my mother who is in a secure floor at a Nursing Home with Dementia/Alz. it's still working, and my mother no longer lives on the sad pergatory floor, she has been promoted to a floor, still that is secure, but people are more cognitive. It's quite rare for people to move up from the one floor. And as for her baseline behavior compared to a year ago... no swearing, no biting, she is blissful. Nothing like what she was a year ago. It's all documented, She plays bingo now, she participates in sing alongs, and smiles most of the time. Sure, everyonce in awhile she has moments of agitation, that are easily, and I quote easily modified, by a few doses of Rescue Remedy that goes into any beverage she is drinking. You see by the story, where my mother was..and where she is now. The disease is still taking her away, no doubt, but we have been able to control all the bad behaviors, and bad symptoms with to some here almost inate substances. This proves to me, that one has to not always look at the biology of the disease but sometimes the spiritual breakdown before condemning homeopathy as "not viable". To people with this disease, with bad behaviors and symptoms sometimes there is other choices besides doping someone into ( what the horror hospital called cooperative) but what I called a drugged zombie!! Everyone should look at all choices. This truly is a great story of success.

Good for you Coffeesnob!!! for caring about your mother enough not to give up! I wish we had tried Rescue Remedy on my mom. even though she didnt belive in it I did! And now that at 59 I am living with Early Onset AD, I supplement my Namenda & Aricept with a table load of supplements as well as yoga, meditation, exercise, diet modification, & work on the computer based Brain Fitness Program.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by debbied:
Hello Coffeesnob, It is so nice to hear from you, I have often wondered how you, and your mother were doing. I am so pleased to hear that she is doing so well. Thank you for the update, it "truly is a great story of success."

thank you. After a year of this whole journey, I look at the success of what we have been doing it is amazing. She is blissful most of the time. She doesn't even swear anymore. And she has maintained her weight, and goes to bed early.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by sammichj9:
What a testimonial. I am reading up on the homeopathic remedies because Mom was always pro-natural cures and made for herself Essiac tea when she was being treated with lymphoma. I am considering starting that again with her since the doctor suspects her lymphnodes around her heart may be causing her problems. Thanks for your story.

Your much welcome. My Mother never took any supplements in her life. During her worst worst dementia symptoms in the last year, she was at least able to speak, once the wonderful geriatric psyches put her on Zyprexa she only couold make jibberish, she stopped being able to make correct sentences, and had no orientation towards herself at all. We knew this was not a psychotic condition, she did not need to be on antipsychotic meds!!! Plus all the other side effects from the Zyprexa, I am sorry we ever trusted the geriatric psyche drs. How dare them dope up someone into complete zombiness. A year later, she doesn't even swear. More people ought to listen to this story, as I see so many people getting so much meds that do not need to be that medicated its an abuse.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lani

Debi, sounds like his sleep cycle is off. (No duh!) Try Melatonin. I had some success with this for my husband and also took it myself. A friend took it and didn't like it. You take it every night before bedtime. I got mine at a health food store, but saw it also in Walgreen's. I wasn't sleeping well, but was afraid to take anything for fear I might not hear my husband if he awoke in the middle of the night and needed me. Melatonin is not a drug and therefor did not drug me down and I felt refreshed and awake the next day. It's worth a shot. I use the 3mg tabs.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Bavaria

Hi Jon,
did your mom also show "sundowning" symptoms such as sleeping during day and yelling out during night? This is what my mother suffers from mostly. Do you think that your supplemental meds could help here too?
Eve
Anonymous
Originally posted by: butterflyznbeez

AMEN!!! Good for you! Im very proud of you for your research! We all need to be the best advocate we can for our loved ones...keep up the good work.

Julie
butterflyznbeez@aol.com

quote:
I wrote on this forum over a year ago, about how we implemented a combination of Homeopathics for my mother who is in a secure floor at a Nursing Home with Dementia/Alz. Quick history, the dementia was getting worse and worse, my mother was very agitated, swearing alot, biting, had no idea where she was- so bad we ended up taking her to what I call a Geriatric Horror Hospital ( AKA or DBA Northeast Medical Center in NC); where they outfitted her with a Merry Walker ( who uses these anyways?) and then proceeded to give her 10 or was it 20mg of Zyprexa( using an unbreakable quick ZYDIS form- we will never know how much they really gave her- it's inconsistent on the records and bills), and Ativan. Of course at that point they said she was fully cooperative. Knowing this was sick and pharmeceutically abusive, we had to bite the bullet as we had brought her there. Needless to say they released her back to us, and we moved her Midwest far away from the Horror hospital, to a regular nursing home. She was first placed in the most severe, final stages floor. Luckily the practitioner we had chose was open to other ideas. Having to give up the Merry Walker ( again who uses these?), she started with her normal walker, but her balance was getting worse and worse, ( Zyprexa side effect). We first implemented 2 daily doses of a product called Calms Forte, it's a baby-dose homeopathic for colic, and crabby babies and had it scheduled for her sundowning times. Seemed to put the sundowning by the clock at rest. But sooner than not, she started having really bad falls, her legs became so rigid. Rigidity, again-big side effect of Zyprexa. Bad fall one night so bad, cracked her head open. Practitioner DC's immediate the Zyprexa and Ativan. We immediately start a product called Nervoheel. And we also start using Bach Flower Rescue Remedy. Afer writing all this a year ago, I encountered so so many pro-drug people on this forum, that could not even tolerate the thought that this might be working for someone. I hate to disappoint them, but it's still working, and my mother no longer lives on the sad pergatory floor, she has been promoted to a floor, still that is secure, but people are more cognitive. It's quite rare for people to move up from the one floor. And as for her baseline behavior compared to a year ago... no swearing, no biting, she is blissful. Nothing like what she was a year ago. It's all documented, She plays bingo now, she participates in sing alongs, and smiles most of the time. Sure, everyonce in awhile she has moments of agitation, that are easily, and I quote easily modified, by a few doses of Rescue Remedy that goes into any beverage she is drinking. You see by the story, where my mother was..and where she is now. The disease is still taking her away, no doubt, but we have been able to control all the bad behaviors, and bad symptoms with to some here almost inate substances. This proves to me, that one has to not always look at the biology of the disease but sometimes the spiritual breakdown before condemning homeopathy as "not viable". To people with this disease, with bad behaviors and symptoms sometimes there is other choices besides doping someone into ( what the horror hospital called cooperative) but what I called a drugged zombie!! Everyone should look at all choices. This truly is a great story of success.

Anonymous
Originally posted by: debbied

Hello Coffeesnob, It is so nice to hear from you, I have often wondered how you, and your mother were doing. I am so pleased to hear that she is doing so well. Thank you for the update, it "truly is a great story of success."
Anonymous
Originally posted by: hpoppins

Hi
I'm new to these boards and have found a lot of great ideas. It also helps just knowing my family isn't alone dealing with a loved one with this terrible disease. My grandmother sounds exactly like many of your Moms, and she lives in NC. My Mom is an only child, I live with her. We brought my GM to our home to visit and realized that there was a big problem thatshe had done a good job of hiding. We knew she was forgetful and has always been contrary, but living with her day to day was a big eye opener. We took her to a neurologist and he diagnosed her, no surprise there. She has been with us 8 months now, and not happy about it at all. She had been taking Ambien for sleep when she was living alone, and started taking it for everything- pain, anxiety, 'nerves', and sleep. We discovered this when we picked her up to visit us in NJ and she had no Ambien, had been up 4 days, and was psychotic. She couldn't understand why the pharmacy wouldn't refill her Rx after only 14 days for a 30 day supply. In desperation, I bought Calms forte and another product by the same company called Nerve tonic. It was a life saver for all of us. She slept, and was able to travel by car calmly (she wont fly- and freaks out in the car- always has) We have also tried many other products by them: headache remedy, leg cramps, indigestion, arnica sport for bruising (from frequent stumbles/falls)All have worked great. Many dissolve under her tongue, which is a plus, because she hates taking pills, and some work in minutes. I'm a believer now.
Anonymous

I am new to this forum. What you describe sounds just like what I just went through with my husband. He had a psychotic episode in Jul05 and was put on Risperdal which made him a lethargic, drooling blob. I consulted a new neuro who immediately took him off Risperdal and suggested Seroquel. The change was immediate! He also told me that those psychotic episodes are usually brought on by a physical condition such as a UTI. When he had an outburst 3 weeks ago, I was forced to call 911. They "abducted" him, tied him to a gurney and took him to the ER where he was given Haldol and Ativan. Never took the restraints off of him, but kept him drugged all day. They convinced me to have him involuntarily admitted to a Gero Psych unit at a local hospital where I was told they would evaluate him and try to find the best meds to keep him functioning as much as possible. Well, that never happened!! he was so scared and angry that he was "combative" (their word) and they responded by keeping him drugged with Ativan. Because of the drugs, they kept him in a diaper and declared him incontinent. He was not able to walk because of the drugs, so they gave him shots of Fragmin in the stomach to prevent blood clots. One day when I was with him, a tear rolled down his cheek and he told me he felt like a "bombie", but I knew what he meant. He started to shut down, refusing to eat or drink. (Surprisingly, that did not seem to concern the staff of this unit!) After much insistence on my part, they did test him and found that he did have a UTI. Then I immediately took him home. He started eating and drinking again, is walking around the house, shopping with me and uses the bathroom. I considered homepathics, but thought I was reaching ... now I am sure I am going to try!!! I am sure glad I stumbled onto this site!!
quote:

Anonymous
Originally posted by: hpoppins

Hi Zoey, sorry so long to repost- I lost track of this post. It is a homeopathic supplement by Hylands. You can get it at health food stores, Walmart, some CVS's but the best price is at drugstore.com, it is at least 1/2 the price that I've found it at brick and mortar stores. They have a whole line of stuff that my family has tried, all seem to work w/no side effects.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Jon K

I see it was July 12, 2006 when I last wrote in this forum. What progress since then. My wife has now had all her amalgam fillings replaced. We were concerned that she would have increased symptoms, but the dentist was so skilled and careful that she sufferd no increased symptoms. Last night, I realized that she no longer has the post nasal drip that had haunted her for years and comsumed boxes of Claritin, Psueudophed and tissues. As I recall my wife's mother (who died of Alzheimer's had the maddening runny nose and post nasal drip and was forever leaving used tissues lying around, as had my wife until now.

My wife starts chelation with DMSA this week. We've had to wait, since chelation is not advised while the amalgam fillings are removed. Interesting - when talking with the holistic doctor in preparation for chelton, she (the doctor) confirms that my wife has Alzheimer's - no doubt, then posed the question, "but what casues Alzheimer's" Adding, "It's so good we caught it early." I truely n believe the mercury posening from her dental amalgams coupled with an inherited defective chromosone is the casue. As the mercury is removed fro her body, I fully expect her to get better. If you haven't seen it yet, check out MAries story at WWW.mercurypoisened.com
Anonymous
Originally posted by: mamapookie

I was wanting some more info this. my dad was taken off aricept --the dr. thought this was making him sleep so much well he still sleeps allday. He has been put on prevacid. he still tends to vomit up water instead of food. I just wished he did not sleep all the time. sometimes he can sleep till 3pm.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: *Debi

My Dad sleeps ALL day as well but it's normal for him to get up at 4 p.m. This has been going on for years. Any suggestions?
Anonymous

Just finished reading the book "Beating Alzheimer's" by Tom Warren. The book is an amazing story of triumph over the disease. Tom had Alzheimer's to a stage where brain atrophy was apparent on an MRI, then he started on his own journey for effective treatment and some time later, the atrophy had disappeared.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Linn

My husband has early onset AD and we have had hm on the glyconutrients, known as Mannatech. In some ways he is worse and in some ways he is a little better. I just wish I knew what is the best thing to do. I know praying is the best, but after that I am at a loss. He also takes Namenda and Aircept. I don't see that doing a lot of good either. I wish I knew more to tell you. I will pray for you. Linn
Anonymous

My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's via a PET scan.

The medications prescribed by our traditional doctor have not only been ineffective, they have resulted in all the listed side effectws and more.

We have started with a Homeopathic doctor who has done a bunch of tests not even considered by other doctors and my wife now has improved greatly. One of the interesting discoveries is that my wife exdshibited signs of Euthyroid sick syndrome. Which is not all that uncommon where major diseases are present.

For now she is on a daily medicine schedule of 2gr Alpha Lipoic Acid, 10 gr Lechitin, 400 mg Co-enzime Q-10, 100mg Selenium, 250 mg Magnesium, 500 mg vitamin C and 500 mg vitamin E, 500 mg B-12 and 1mcg of (natural) Armour Thyroid.

My wife now has returned to eating red-meat, which she swore off of becasue it tasted "awfully bitter to her." She is off the anti-reflux medication, as her problem was apparently too little stomach acid, not too much. She is also off the inderal (for parkinsonism tremor and has almost no visible tremor.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ZOEY M

question....what is calms forte? do you get it at the health food store? thx...zoey

quote:
Originally posted by hpoppins:
Hi
I'm new to these boards and have found a lot of great ideas. It also helps just knowing my family isn't alone dealing with a loved one with this terrible disease. My grandmother sounds exactly like many of your Moms, and she lives in NC. My Mom is an only child, I live with her. We brought my GM to our home to visit and realized that there was a big problem thatshe had done a good job of hiding. We knew she was forgetful and has always been contrary, but living with her day to day was a big eye opener. We took her to a neurologist and he diagnosed her, no surprise there. She has been with us 8 months now, and not happy about it at all. She had been taking Ambien for sleep when she was living alone, and started taking it for everything- pain, anxiety, 'nerves', and sleep. We discovered this when we picked her up to visit us in NJ and she had no Ambien, had been up 4 days, and was psychotic. She couldn't understand why the pharmacy wouldn't refill her Rx after only 14 days for a 30 day supply. In desperation, I bought Calms forte and another product by the same company called Nerve tonic. It was a life saver for all of us. She slept, and was able to travel by car calmly (she wont fly- and freaks out in the car- always has) We have also tried many other products by them: headache remedy, leg cramps, indigestion, arnica sport for bruising (from frequent stumbles/falls)All have worked great. Many dissolve under her tongue, which is a plus, because she hates taking pills, and some work in minutes. I'm a believer now.

Anonymous
Originally posted by: ZOEY M

My Mom is on Resperdal, it seems to work pretty well.....except her appetite is poor. I sure wish a cure is coming soon.....

quote:
Originally posted by mamapookie:
I was wanting some more info this. my dad was taken off aricept --the dr. thought this was making him sleep so much well he still sleeps allday. He has been put on prevacid. he still tends to vomit up water instead of food. I just wished he did not sleep all the time. sometimes he can sleep till 3pm.

Anonymous

Update on my wif's condition:

Previously diagnosed as Alzheimer's my wife was found to have euthroid sick syndrom, an indication of a major illness ragin in her body. Tried her on Alpha Lipoic acid and saw major improvements. Now have had her tested for heavy metal toxicity and found she has high concentrations of lead and mercury ( major ingredients in almalgam dental fillings. It has taken two months to get an apointment with one of the two biological dentists in the area. It was major time enlightening. My wife has 7 large amalgam fillings that are all cracked, leaking and show signs of corrosion and oxidation along the boundries with the tooth. Also, 3 of the fillings are in contact with gold crowns, which causes electrolosis and even more oxidation. She as her first appointment to begin having the alamgam safely removed. It will take 4-6 weeks. I can't wait for this part to be over, so she can be put on a more aggressive chelating agent and detoxified.

Damn the doctors and or old dentist who are like the three monkeys of justice. I look forward to my wife being well again and shoving the proof in the doctors faces that she does not have alzheimer's and that the missed so much of her symptoms.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Linn

Thanks Jon for all the encouragement. The mannatech is healing my fibromyalgia, so being as it is Alz. in my husband, it mmight just take longer. I pray. I am going to read the book. I know of several people who have been made better, not healed, but better with alot of natural stuff. We eat such junk now and breathe such awful air, how can we not be getting sick. How can people so young be getting these elderly diseases. There has to be a lack of something. Thanks, again.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: faithintheLord

Thanks coffeesnob for your suggestions. I had taken Rescue Remedy years ago and will buy some for my mother. She is doing good on supplements. We order products from Swansonvitamins.com They've been in business for almost 40 years and have good prices. We are a member with Vitamin World and use their buy one get one free specials.The only times my mother becomes agitated is when I tell her she did something wrong, and since she doesn't remember she gets upset. That is a normal reaction when feeling one is being falsely accused. Keep posting more testimonials. Take care
Anonymous

Thank you for this!! We have an appt with a Holistic center tomorrow. Very excited about it!!
quote:

Anonymous
Originally posted by: sammichj9

What a testimonial. I am reading up on the homeopathic remedies because Mom was always pro-natural cures and made for herself Essiac tea when she was being treated with lymphoma. I am considering starting that again with her since the doctor suspects her lymphnodes around her heart may be causing her problems. Thanks for your story.

× Close Menu