Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Decline of loved one
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 8:11 AM
Originally posted by: Katerin

Maggie,
You will feel better when you get there and you will know more specifically what to ask. TB has good advice. Take a journal and make notes because it is easy to forget all that they tell you. Good luck...xoxox Katerin
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Twice Blessed

Maggie, I assume since the doctor has her on Namend, she has been diagnose with Alzheimer's. This drug is used for the mid-late stages of the disease. Make a list of any questions you might have before your visit. I advise you not to upset your sister with a lot of questions. Calm is very important and she my not understand and become agitated and confused if there is a lot of disruption in her routine. If it were me, I would go and have a pleasant visit, speak with her caregivers, out of her earshot, and observe what is happening.
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: MaggieJane

Over the past several weeks I have noticed a decline in talking with my sister. We are 1300 miles apart so this is over the phone. She is in a nursing home and non ambulatory. The nurse says "she's fine." But that's what she always says. Is there anymore that can be done for her? I feel helpless and her doctor is not for tests. She is on Namenda. I feel I am losing her and am going out in a couple of weeks but need to be prepared with questions for the staff and doctor. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Maggie Jane

× Close Menu