Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
How Do You Know WHat Stage?
Internal Administrator
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:05 PM

Originally posted by: C.Lane

I hear everyone saying numbers of stages, how can you tell? Our Dr. says our Mom is Moderate Stage? She was until this broken arm, now I have no idea where she is with this? Help?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: LSC

Hello C.Lane,
On the alz.org website go under the "Alzeheimer's Disease" section & scroll down to Stages, it will list the stages & descriptions & you can compare the descriptions to your mom & get an approximate idea of the stage.

Hope this helps.

LSC
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Theresa T

quote:
Originally posted by K.:
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa Thomas:
there are lots of descriptions around, but be aware that not all of them describe each Alzheimer's sufferer. If you search on Alzheimer's test in google, you'll find lots of things to talk about stages.

The disease is like a rollercoaster though, you'll see decline, decline, decline, and then all of a sudden, you'll see improvements for a while. Learn to love those times!

Thanks Theresa, I am suffering from Early-on-Set Alzheimer's. The words you just quoted are the feelings that I am having right now. I can feel myself declilning, yet there is a part of me that I can see or feel improvements, or acceptance. And yes, I do love these times. Thank you again.
Kathleen

Good luck to you! My grandmother had EOAD, and I know my mother worried about that so much. She was fortunate to have a later onset, which was seen in her aunts as well.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: K.

quote:
Originally posted by Theresa Thomas:
there are lots of descriptions around, but be aware that not all of them describe each Alzheimer's sufferer. If you search on Alzheimer's test in google, you'll find lots of things to talk about stages.

The disease is like a rollercoaster though, you'll see decline, decline, decline, and then all of a sudden, you'll see improvements for a while. Learn to love those times!

Thanks Theresa, I am suffering from Early-on-Set Alzheimer's. The words you just quoted are the feelings that I am having right now. I can feel myself declilning, yet there is a part of me that I can see or feel improvements, or acceptance. And yes, I do love these times. Thank you again.
Kathleen
Anonymous
Originally posted by: younghope1

Kathleen, my name is Tracy and I was diagnosed with EOAD at 38 years old, I am now 42. I would like to invite you to a online support group that I started some time back for just the person with dementia that you may find very helpful: Dementia Rescue Early Onset I also have a on blog that may be helpful to you:
Young Hopes World
These links will show you that you are not alone and there is support for you.....Tracy
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Theresa T

× Close Menu