Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Any more interested in having a private group on Face Book?
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:22 PM

Originally posted by: Rkg

For those of you who may have missed a conversation on another post about starting a group on FB, Snorky suggested that I make a post of it's own on the subject.

There are several of us who are on facebook and have befriended eachother and are going to start a little private group. I know for me I follow my FB account more than I do the spouse board. (yea I know it seems like I am around her a lot, actually I check FB more often due to the fact that I am in several private groups there.)

What a private group is, well it's just that. Private! Only the members of the group can see the postings, though it will appear on your wall (no one can see it but you and other members) So privacy isn't an issue. There are several Alzheimer's groups on FB but they are still public so anyone whom your friends with can see what you commented on. But private is private, so if you want to join us just befriend me, Robin (Phillips) Gochenour. I will let the others, Snorky, IBUMPY, Dorrinne leave their FB names here if they want and if not the can befriend you once your in the group.

A name was suggested by Snorky for the group.

Agape, which means, Sacrificial Love, does everyone like that name?

I do..........

Please Vote so I can get this Group set up. Thanks...........
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Maria Ag

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rkg:
For those of you who may have missed a conversation on another post about starting a group on FB, Snorky suggested that I make a post of it's own on the subject.

There are several of us who are on facebook and have befriended eachother and are going to start a little private group. I know for me I follow my FB account more than I do the spouse board. (yea I know it seems like I am around her a lot, actually I check FB more often due to the fact that I am in several private groups there.)

What a private group is, well it's just that. Private! Only the members of the group can see the postings, though it will appear on your wall (no one can see it but you and other members) So privacy isn't an issue. There are several Alzheimer's groups on FB but they are still public so anyone whom your friends with can see what you commented on. But private is private, so if you want to join us just befriend me, Robin (Phillips) Gochenour. I will let the others, Snorky, IBUMPY, Dorrinne leave their FB names here if they want and if not the can befriend you once your in the group.

A name was suggested by Snorky for the group.

Agape, which means, Sacrificial Love, does everyone like that name?

I do..........

Please Vote so I can get this Group set up. Thanks...........[/QUO

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN, I LIKE Snorky for the group name. I will friend you on FB
Anonymous
Originally posted by: meeko11

Robin-I entered your name in a FB search and wound up back here. Am I too early? I have befriended (is that really a word?) IBumpy.
Anonymous

Not sure how many are on FB currently, but if you need help becoming a FB member I can try and help. Just remember to set your FB privacy HIGH. You can always change it later if you need to, but I have found it best for me............
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Snorky

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN, I LIKE Snorky for the group name. I will friend you on FB[/QUOTE]

Didn't you mean Agape for the name not Snorky?
Anonymous

opps forgot to leave the name. Linda Pennington for Snorky. Can we have our nicknames there so we know who is who?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Neoh

quote:
Originally posted by Rkg:
There are several of us who are on facebook and have befriended eachother and are going to start a little private group. . . so if you want to join us just befriend me, Robin (Phillips) Gochenour.

Unfortunately, there is no exact match - and a half dozen with the same 1st and last name...

quote:
Originally posted by Snorky:
opps forgot to leave the name. Linda Pennington for Snorky. Can we have our nicknames there so we know who is who?

Several pages of that first/last name!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Be Strong 2

quote:
Originally posted by ellen68:
I never thought Id be here. I have been a geriatric nurse for 20 years, worked with alzhimers resident. Last week I found out my 48 year old husband may have early onset alzhimers(pet scan) We go for nuro psy testing in Jan, and they will not start meds till then. Was on the alzhimers unit today, took everything I had to remain calm, when all I wanted to do was run and cry. I pray for strengh and peace to get us through this. I have become obsessed with reading every thing I can on Alzhimers. Been following your boards, it helps. Is there anyone here that has a spouse with early onset. I am 42 years old. We have been married 23 years.

My DW has EOAD. She is 58, just diagnosed but I believe she has had symptoms for many years. We've been married almost 7 years and as I look back now she was showing symptoms before we were married. She is now a solid stage 5. She is a real sweetheart about what is happening. I'm dreading her changing and getting more aggressive as she progresses. Hopefully she will remain sweet. This was not what I had hoped for when I retired 2 1/2 years ago.

I am interested in Facebook group; already "friended" IBumpy.

Bob Cool
Anonymous
Originally posted by: meeko11

How are we ever going to remember who is who???
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ellen68

I never thought Id be here. I have been a geriatric nurse for 20 years, worked with alzhimers resident. Last week I found out my 48 year old husband may have early onset alzhimers(pet scan) We go for nuro psy testing in Jan, and they will not start meds till then. Was on the alzhimers unit today, took everything I had to remain calm, when all I wanted to do was run and cry. I pray for strengh and peace to get us through this. I have become obsessed with reading every thing I can on Alzhimers. Been following your boards, it helps. Is there anyone here that has a spouse with early onset. I am 42 years old. We have been married 23 years.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SnowyLynne

If he does have EOAD face it,accept it with a positive attitude & it will help BOTH of you.This is what I have done & I had the disease,13 years now.....Just hang in there........
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Maria Ag

can you friend me in FB I am having trouble finding you. I am under Mary Jane Agee.
Thanks
Anonymous

Ok, If you have befriended IBUMPY/Tom I will send you a friend request threw him.

Maria, I will look for you........

Neoh, there is no other like me, let me asure you...LOL! I will see how I can whittle it down for you.

ellen, Welcome, I am sorry your getting the shock of your life. I hope that with time you will find comfort in joining us, though I am sorry you have to. My DH was diagnosed with EOAD at the age of 53. But truthfully he could have been diagnosed years before. For me it wasn't a shock, I unfortunately had a feeling the diagnosis was going to be what it was. So for me the frustration was more about finding the answers to the issues. Honestly, you will survive this and with grace, love (lot's of love) you and your Dh will have many happy years despite this disease, Hang in there and let us know how the other appt's go. You are doing the best you can by reading and arming yourself with all the info you can. Again, Welcome. Were here for you! And many of us have gone down this same road, so ask the questions you need too, one of us has probably experienced an answer.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by ellen68:

I'm 54, my spouse is 59 - diagnosed last spring with MCI consistent with the early stages of EOAD. I've been noticing symptoms for about 6 years. Formally I'm in the early stages, but since I've been struggling to get testing done for most of those six years it doesn't really feel like early stages. We've been married 29 years.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SBL

I am interested in joining group, but I am finding lots of Robins and lots of Lindas. Not sure how to do it. Can you find me? I am Sara Lucas> My photo ID is of 3 women. I am in the middle. Thanks
SLB
Anonymous
Originally posted by: quarterhosslady

Sue I'm interested.
Anonymous

I tried Sara but there are a lot of you!! ARe you putting in the full name, Linda Pennington? My picture is my husband and I with a cake and black sweatshirt with Aspen on it. Are you blond?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: quarterhosslady

Sure I'm interest. Didn't get it right the first time.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SBL

I was lost, but now I'm found. Thanks for locating me. I was blonde but now I'm mostly grey! In the last few years I have aged at least ten. So, thanks again.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Dorinne

Hi all,

Dorinne, on FB I am: Doreen Straatmeyer Belcher
Smiler
Anonymous

Ok, I got the group started, I sent, join the group request to as many as I could find. I am still searching for a few.

Mary Jane Agee (there are only two of you, but which one?) Do you have a profile picture? Because one does and the other doesn't. So let me know which one is you.

Be Strong 2, Bob I got your first name but I need a last name. Or if IBUMPY would, he could suggest the group to you, which will get you there.

The Group name is, Agape and Alzheimer's so if you want to search for it and request that may be faster too. See you guys there. Wink
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ipoe

I found Linda Pennington (Snorky) on the first try..I think Agage is a good name for the FB group..
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Ky caregiver

yes, I am ineterested, mty name is Dorothy Dycus from Kentucky
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Claudia R

I would love to join a private group! Thanks Robin. Claudia Ruptier
Anonymous
Originally posted by: cloudspn

I would like to join as well.
I'm under Marjorie McCarthy
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by shearbear:
I would be interested in joining.
feetfirst48@yahoo.com

I am not sure how you find people on FB but I'm not sure if you can do it by e mail. You might need a name instead.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by cloudspn:
I would like to join as well.
I'm under Marjorie McCarthy

Marjorie, Cloudspn, which one is you there are several with that name, what picture is you? what are you wearing?? And I will invite you to the new site Smiler
Anonymous
Originally posted by: shearbear

I would be interested in joining.
feetfirst48@yahoo.com
Anonymous

KY, Ipoe, shearbear, cloudspn.

Sorry guys I have been laid up with a pinched nerve. So sitting on the computer searching is killing me.

May I suggest you search for the group on Face Book and request to become a member. Just type in the search field at the top of your FB page, Agape and Alzheimer's you will come to a box that you have to click requesting becoming a member. Click it and one of us will catch it and approve it. Sorry, I just can't spend a ton of time on the computer right now. (maybe my pinched nerve is cause I spend so much time already on the computer? LOL Ya think!? )........
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by Be Strong 2:
quote:
Agape and Alzheimer's

Didn't work but that's OK. I have a lot of trouble with Facebook. Maybe I'll try again later or just follow along here.

Bob Cool

I found you and sent you a friend request, I think I can add you that way if you want.
Anonymous

Lurk, from my understanding, which is pretty basic, if there is a lock symbol after the post only the Agape and Alz. group sees it even tho you see it on your post. Confusing isn't it?
Anonymous

quote:
Agape and Alzheimer's

Didn't work but that's OK. I have a lot of trouble with Facebook. Maybe I'll try again later or just follow along here.

Bob Cool
Anonymous
Originally posted by: lurk

I went to my Facebook wall and found the group. Are you telling me that the comments of the group will appear on my very own Facebook wall that I already had established (rather than a special group Facebook wall)? Just curious as to how it works.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by Rkg:

Bob Cool[/QUOTE]

Yes, Dorinne you can send Bob a group suggestion.[/QUOTE]

I added Bob. Hope I added the right Bob...
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by Neoh:

I added Bob. Hope I added the right Bob...

You got the right one. Thanks, I'm in.

Bob Cool

× Close Menu