Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Medical Marijuana for Alz
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:19 PM

Originally posted by: Doug146

I just read where medical marijuana might help some Alzheimer's patients. Anyone got an information on this?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Heidi L

I would useit in a heartbeat too for my Dh and also for my fibromyalgia pain too butas of now have noleads where to getit even asan edible for himorme to try we liveinFl whereit is illegal even our dr's are against it at Uf 7 Shands GRR butyes I wuld useit in aheart beat for himif we culd and also formy fibro pain
Anonymous
Originally posted by: ZicatelaVic

For years my husband was a daily smoker (not talking cigarettes here...) and then was diagnosed with Alz. Humm. Dilema. He had to finally stop smoking as it made him more confused and sideways than ever. He doesn´t have any other health issues but definitely could see the effect on him when he smoked. Any other people have similiar reactions?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: D.D.Smith

Do we have to wait for 5 years of testing? I know a few good sources! Big Grin
Dot
Anonymous
Originally posted by: dayn2nite

When I still had mom at home, I made it very clear to my brother that if she became agitated or combative, we would be trying MM before we would be trying any kind of antipsychotic. She never had that issue, though.

I'd still try a "natural" approach to negative behavior or appetite stimulation before pharmaceutical.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Rkg

Doug, My DH had horrible/horrific side effects, reactions to AD drugs. Believe me I thought about medical marijuana many times over the last year. Even gotten some edibles for him (thru a sources Wink ) And honestly I think it could have helped, but at the time my Dh was having such a hard time with the meds that the pot didn't stand a chance. And at that point I couldn't get his Dr's to see that the meds were creating such turmoil that we needed to get him off of them. So until I found his new Dr (Geriatric Psych) I just didn't go further with it. Now we are so far gone from that, just taking him off of everything that it's not needed. But I would certainly pursue it if we were where we were last year.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: meeko11

A spouse on another site is using it for her husband who is on hospice. Original intent was to stimulate his appetite. She found as an extra bonus he became much more alert and verbal.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Mary-Texas

My mother is on Marinol (a synthetic version of THC, the component of marijuana). It's in the form of a gel type pill. She's been on it for a few months. It helps her eat a little better and helps her mood. We weaned her off Risperdal and put her on Marinol -- I'm very glad this was done. It seems to help her a lot.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Cheryle Gardiner

Doug, eloquentsolution, who posts on the Caregivers board, uses it for her mom and reports success. She (and I) live in a MM state.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: DLMifm

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Is Marijuana Medicine?

The potential medicinal properties of marijuana have been the subject of substantive research and heated debate. Scientists have confirmed that the cannabis plant contains active ingredients with therapeutic potential for relieving pain, controlling nausea, stimulating appetite, and decreasing ocular pressure.

Cannabinoid-based medications include synthetic compounds, such as dronabinol (Marinol®) and nabilone (Cesamet®), which are FDA approved,

and a new, chemically pure mixture of plant-derived THC and cannabidiol called Sativex®, formulated as a mouth spray and approved in Canada and parts of Europe for the relief of cancer-associated pain and spasticity and neuropathic pain in multiple sclerosis.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: DLMifm

quote:
Originally posted by Doug146:
I just read where medical marijuana might help some Alzheimer's patients. Anyone got an information on this?

Warning!!!! DLMifm Could Be Hazardous to Your Mood.. It is advised that if you are Topic Challenged discontinue reading this post immediately.

I got yelled at by one of the forum-buds for a thread on Mary Jane. Never used the stuff, don't advocate using it, however from comments by others on the forum they say they find it helps.

I'm sorry if discussing MJ on forum upsets certain members. Open and sincere topics should be discussed. Particularly when faced with a terminal disease.

http://alzheimers.infopop.cc/e...064037897#6064037897

DLMifm

× Close Menu