Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Mom passed away 8/18
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:35 PM

Originally posted by: K.A.B.Suiter

Mom passed away 8/18 in the early morning just after my daughter kissed her. We had seen a severe downturn Thurs and the family coordinated to be in her room at her facility 24/7. We are relieved for her but of course miss her. Please think of us as we plan her service and life celebration. Out of town siblings and grandchildren will be here. She was and is loved. The goodbye was 10 years long. We are grateful for all that made those years better including this forum's members who ofter "saved my day or night " with helpful advice.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: spl

K.A.B.
I am so sorry for your loss.My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family,Scott
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Need A Friend

Please accept my sincere sympathy . God bless you and your family for being there for your dear Mom on this long journey .I hope that peace will be with you all as you say your final good by's . God be with you
Anonymous
Originally posted by: K.A.B.Suiter

Thank you Scott and "Iowa", Your empathy is comforting and I feel stronger for the days ahead with such support.
Bless you both.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Becky_MI2

I am so sorry for your loss, K.a.B. Suiter.
I too said good bye to my mom. She passed on July 25 so it will soon be a month. I was one of the siblings that lived out of state so I didn't get to see her downhill prgression like my other sibs did. It was 10 years for us also. My step father passed away in 2003 and I called her every night until this past january when she stopped answering her phone. (she liked to rearrange her room so she would unplug the phone and not remember to plug it back inSmiler) The last time I spoke to her was on mothers day and I have to say it was most difficult. It was hard to understand what she was saying.
She went into the nursing home the wednesday before fathers day. She pretty much stopped eating and then got pnumonia. She couldn't fight the disease. The nursing home staff were wonderful in caring for her and us while we were in her room waiting for her to go. For me it was a good time of reflections and saying good by even thou she was in a coma.
There are eight of us and six were there, we were all tired and laughing from silly jokes my nephew was sending on the emails. I told my sister that was the reason mom went, she heard us laughing and knew we would be ok. That is what we do as a family when we are all together is laugh a lot.
I miss her very much.
I just found this message board.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Val-Re

K.A.B.
I pray for strength and for peace in your hearts in the next days and months. May only love and wonderful memories be yours.

She will live on in your hearts, in how you live your lives.

Peace.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: kathyl

K.A.B: I am so sorry for your loss. May God's Grace guide you and your family during the difficult days ahead. My mom's course was similar in that she, too, took a sudden downturn. Please take care and try to get some rest.

Blessings,
Kathyl

× Close Menu